Chapter 26

(Y/N POV)

No new friends.

There was a soft knock of my hotel door, and my eyes glanced over to the side. I furrowed my brow, wondering who could be visiting me at the moment. Aidan had fallen asleep an hour ago, since it was already 9pm, and I'm pretty sure everyone else had too.

I stalked over to the door and peered through the peephole. I saw a flash of pink hair, and. I instantly recognized how it was. I suppose I was incorrect when I assumed I was the only one up. I swung open the door and stared at the girl in front of me.

"Hey Nina," I said, "what's up?"

She looked tired, but I didn't question why she wasn't sleeping. Whatever reason kept her up wasn't my business. She smiled weakly at me, and shrugged her shoulders.

"We need to talk," she said, "and I know that sounds scary, but I promise it's not."

"Yeah, sure. Come on in."

I spun on my heels and stored back into my room. It was slightly messy, but it wasn't anything too drastic. I plopped down on my unmade bed, and gestured for Nina to sit down next to me.

"So, what are we talking about?" I asked, "non-scary wise."

She smiled, and leaned back on the bed so that she was facing the ceiling. I decided to prop myself up against the bedpost, and hug a pillow close to my chest.

"Aidan," she said, "It's slightly important."

"Hm."

I had a small hunch on where this conversation was going, so I bit my lip and tried to think of excuses if she asked the question again. If people thought I liked Aidan more than a friend, I'd probably lose my job and I still have one week left. Remember, Y/N, no attachments.

"I know you said you don't like him," she mentioned, "but have you ever thought about it being something more?"

"One time," I said, "but I know I can't so I haven't given it a thought since."

"You can't? Why?"

"It doesn't matter. I just don't think I can see him in that way without one of us getting hurt. Besides, he doesn't want that."

"And you know that for sure?"

I paused. My relationship with Aidan has always been rocky, and I don't know how to describe ourselves. One day we're flirting, and then the next we're fighting. We don't know each other enough to actually have real feelings.

"Yeah, it would be foolish to like me anyways. No matter who you were."

"Are you one of those anti-relationship people? I mean, that's totally cool, but maybe you should try and get back in the game."

"I lose at every game, so no."

"Fine. I'm not going to pressure you into anything."

We sat there in silence for a couple minutes, but it was mutual. After facing that awkward conversation, neither of us knew what to say. Sometimes it was best to say nothing. I heard the doorbell ring again, and I sighed.

"Why is everyone awake," I mumbled, "and why are they at my door."

I tossed my phone on the bed and made my way towards the door. Standing up on the edge of my feet, I peered into the peephole for the second time today. Of all people in the 12 floor hotel, it just had to be Aidan. Right after we finished talking about him.

I flipped open the lock, and opened the door so just my face was visible.

"Hey," I said, "you should be asleep."

"I know, but so should you," he said, smiling.

I could see the faint outline of his dimples, and his green eyes seemed sad and tired. I pushed open the door a little wider, and turned around to go back into the room. I could hear his footsteps follow me inside, and my heartbeat quickened,

"Hey Nina," he said once he saw the girl lying on my bed, "you're awake too?"

"Yes dummy," she snapped, "You saw me walk out of the room."

My stomach dropped when I realized they were sharing a room. Why should I care? They're just friends, and I don't even like him. Nina is also gay, so why am I so lightheaded?

"So, I was planning on sleeping," I said, "but you guys can watch Tv if you wanted."

Aidan looked about ready to accept my offer, but Nina grabbed his hand and started pulling him out of the room.

"We should go," she said quickly, "come on."

I watched as they disappeared into the hallway, the door sliding shut behind them.

Weird. 

A/N: woah. I'm almost at 1k holy CRAP