Chapter 38

(FINN POV)

haha.

I'd be lying if I said we really had errands to do.

"Do you think she'll be mad when she finds out?" Sarah said, grabbing my hand.

She interlaced our fingers together, and swung our arms back in forth as we walked. We were heading to the Starbucks, to see how Y/N and Aidan were getting along. Or maybe not getting along at all, but we don't know.

A couple days ago, Aidan messaged me through instagram urgently. In honest truth, I have no idea what happened between those two in the past, but he seemed pretty excited to find out we knew each other.

I had posted a photo with her and Sarah, and that's how he found her instagram handle and so forth. All he asked was to have us find a way to set them up.

So I did.

"No doubt about it," I murmured, "but I have a feeling this is what she needs."

"Since when do you know what Y/N needs?"

"Gut feeling babe. Gut feeling."

She rolled her eyes, and pulled out her phone. She had a couple missed text messages from Y/N, but she read them silently before clearing the notification.

"She said that we need to hurry up," Sarah said, "apparently she needs to get out of a situation."

"Wait, when did she send those?"

"Almost an hour ago?"

"We're an hour late?!" I yelled, "what?!"

"Yes dimwit. You were the one that insisted on giving them a little more time."

"Now it seems even more suspicious then it would have been!"

Sarah let go of my hand and started walking at a faster pace. Since my legs were longer, I didn't have any trouble keeping up with her. The walk to the coffee shop took a little more than five minutes, but once we got inside we instantly started looking for the two.

But they weren't there.

Well, at least Aidan still was. Sarah went to grab herself something to drink, and I approached the brown haired boy in front of me. He was sitting at the of the tables, his nose buried in his phone.

"Did she leave?" I asked, gaining his attention.

He looked up from his screen, and smiled weakly. I took it that whatever happened didn't go too well.

"Yeah. she left a couple minutes ago," he mumbled.

"What happened?"

"Man, I just can't figure out how to get her to forgive me."

I rubbed my chin, and sat down in the seat in front of him, "first of all, what even happened to you two?"

"I was stupid. And self obsessed. And I didn't realize that she had a life outside of being my assistant, so when she left I got mad."

"You said something mean, didn't you? I swear that happened every time you get into an argument with the girl you like."

He sat up from his slouched position, tapping the side of his coffee cup with a sudden admiration and suspicion.

"How did you know I liked her?" he asked.

"Is there any other reason why you'd go out of your way to find her and set up this whole coffee meeting?"

"Yes, I'm sure there is one."

"But not for your case."

He smirked, amused at my success on being an emotional detective. Sarah strode over and plopped down on one of the chairs, taking a sip out of her pink drink.

"What did I miss?" she asked.

"Nothing," I said, "but I was just about to question Aidan on his use of past terms."

"Past terms?"

I leaned on the table, tapping the sheen wooden counter.

"When you said you liked her, did that use of vocabulary come into play intentionally?"

Aidan took a sip of his drink, pondering on whether he should tell me or not. Sarah didn't have a clue on what was happening, but I was too hooked on hearing Aidan's answer to care at the moment.

"Maybe," he said slowly, "maybe not."