Chapter 40

(Y/N POV)

I don't care.

"You know he's just trying to connect with you," Finn said, "you don't have to push him away and delete his comment."

I looked up from my clipboard, and set down my pencil. We were doing a script read earlier, and I had to jot down all of the notes that the director said he needed changed.

"I just need space," I mumbled, "and how did you even find out about that?"

"It's pretty much on all the fandom tea pages. You can't escape."

"Okay, so what? I can delete things if I want too."

Finn sighed and rubbed the crease between his eyebrows. He tucked his script underneath his arm and shook his head.

"fine," he said, "do what you want."

He strode off from the room, and I could feel the disappointment he felt emanating off of him. Almost as if I actually cared what Finn thought, I felt a pang of guilt in the back of my head.

Suddenly I started to question everything I had done in the past few days. Was I making this situation into something more than it actually was? Maybe Aidan really had changed, and I was too stuck in my past to notice? I shook my head, placing my clipboard back on the table. All of these thoughts were 'maybes' and the only cold truth I knew was that day he said those words to me. Go with my gut and ignore him.

Walking into the green room, I looked around for the curly haired boy who had left so quickly before. Finn was laying on the floral-print couch, scrolling through his feed of instagram stories and what not.

"You're needed in the costume department soon," I said, "apparently your pants didn't fit."

"My pants always fit."

"Right," I said, scrunching my forehead.

"There's a package for you at the front desk," Finn said, "I saw it on my way over here."

"The front desk is in the other studio, so that's not possible."

"I saw it in my mind."

"Wow, you must be really talented," I said, "but seriously, get up and let's go."

He groaned, and rolled off the couch in one swift act of exhaustion. I didn't blame him, since the script read took around 3 hours to finish.

"I'm telling you, my pants always fit," he said, "they must have made a mistake."

I walked him to the costume department, where they threw a bunch of measuring tools at him and tried to figure out what was going on with his pants. Even with my new job of being an administrative assistant, I never thought I watch Finn Wolfhard complain about his pants being perfectly sized.

But then I remember the package that finn was going on about earlier in the green room. Precognition was definitely not on his resume, so I had my suspicious that he was sneaking around my back again.

And I would kill him if it was with Aidan.

I started to head towards the front desk, glancing at my watch. It was getting to be around lunch time, and I was craving for something good to eat. Pasta sounded nice, but so did a burger.

"Hello," I said, perching over the counter, "is there a package for me?"

An older lady glanced around her desk and poked at a random assortment of boxes and bags.

"Name?" she asked.

"Y/N L/N."

"Here you are," she said, handing me a bag.

"Thanks! Have a good day."

She nodded her head politely and went back to watching whatever was on her computer screen. As I walked back to my studio, I observed the bag that was in my hand. It was a brown paper bag, with the Postmates label on the front of it.

Wonderful, food just in time for lunch.

Once I got inside the greenroom, I set down the bag and peered inside. There was a little green note stuck to the top of a container, and I pulled it out to get a better look at it.

Y/N,

Thought you'd be needing lunch

Huh.

There was no signature at the bottom of the note, which struck me as odd. I shrugged and popped open the lid. Hoping it wasn't something gross or disgusting, I looked inside.

It was a vegan burger.

At first I would have shrugged it off as any other entree, but the paper it came wrapped in made my stomach churn.

It was from the vegan burger place Aidan and I used to go to for lunch.