panic attack | antonio dawson

request: Chicago PD request😄Antonio helping the reader (if you do reader inserts, if not maybe Kim?) through a panic attack? Thank you!
warnings: panic attack
—————————
it was the same nightmare. antonio had been shot, you were in the hospital with him still hooked up to machines. he flatlined. nurses and doctors rushing in. you being escorted out and looking in through the window, watching as he was shocked by paddles. the doctor telling you he didn't make it. feeling lightheaded from the pain in your chest and the amount of crying you were doing

you wake up sobbing and trembling. your heart rate is too fast and your shirt, antonio's shirt, is sticking to you because of the sweat. you try to keep your sobbing quiet, antonio was working in the living room while you had decided to take a nap.

you couldn't help when a loud sob escaped your lips, it felt like you couldn't breathe. your chest tightening every few seconds

"corazón? you okay?" antonio asks as he walks through the bedroom door. He sees the state you're in and rushes to your side. you shake your head 'no' as you try to stop your mind from thinking about that dream.

that dream that could have been reality

"hey take deep breaths, okay? i'm here, i'm safe, you're safe." he soothes as he takes his hand in yours and brings it to his cheek. he knows you like physical contact to keep you grounded. whether it be a hand on the cheek, arm, chest, he doesn't mind.

he lets you ride it out, over the course of your relationship he knows you get panic attacks for different reasons, the best way he can help you through it is to be there next to you. but he doesn't think it's enough, he wants to do more for you.

after a few minutes, your tears have slowed down, the ache in your chest fading, and you're breathing becoming steady. you scoot over on the bed and pat the empty space next to you.

Antonio lays down next to you and you place your ear over his heart. listening to his heartbeat was comforting, needing that reassurance that he was okay and alive.

his hand goes to your back and starts tracing random patterns. "i'm sorry I can't do more to help you" he whispers, looking down at you

you look up at him, "you do more for me than you think, don't think for one second you don't. your presence alone helps me" you smile faintly.

and with that, your head goes back to his chest and his arms tighten around your waist, "i love you" he says as you snuggle deeper into his chest.

"i love you too" you mumble sleepily, your mind finally able to rest