unintentional | jay halstead

requested:
3. "you're not leaving, are you?"
12. "you're hurting me"
13. "please just let me go"
warnings: slight aggressiveness towards the reader
——
you knew jay felt horrible about what happened last night.

jay was having a nightmare in his sleep, and when you tried to wake him up like you always do, he jolted awake and pinned you down on the bed by your wrist, putting his body weight on top of you to keep you down.

the look in his eyes was wild, like he couldn't register it was you, and that scared you.

you tried to stay calm, knowing this wasn't really him, but his hold on your wrists was getting tighter "jay, you're hurting me" you say quietly, not wanting to raise your voice in case that made it worse.

Jay started to take deep breaths, but his hold on you didn't lessen. it wasn't until you said, "please just let me go" that he started to pull away from you.

"y/n" he whispered your name. when you nodded your head, he lurched away from you, giving you the opportunity to sit up on the bed. "i'm so sorry, god i'm so sorry" he mutters as he covers his face with his hands.

he drops his hands and his eyes go wide, "are you okay? did I hurt you?" he rushes as he goes over to you. he stops when he's standing right in front of you and he kneels down to be at eye level.

"I'm okay" you say as you glance down at your wrists.

he follows your line of sight and his heart drops when he sees the light blue and green bruise starting to form. he slowly takes a hold of your hands to examine your wrists. "I'm so sorry, i don't know what happened" he mutters as he shakes his head.

"i'm gonna get you ice" he says and walks out the room and to the kitchen. he comes back with the ice packs and lays them over your wrists.

after his continuous apologies, he takes a few steps away from you and goes to walk out the door.

"you're not leaving, are you?" you ask quietly as you put the ice packs off to the side and stand up, worried he'd leave the apartment at this hour.

he turns to face you and you see his eyes are glazed over with unshed tears, "i hurt you" he says through clenched teeth, "i'm just gonna stay on the couch tonight."

he goes to the couch, but of course he's not gonna be able to sleep, he stays up the rest of the night thinking about what he did.

you forgive him, you just hoped he'd be able to forgive himself.