jealous | jay halstead

• request [i combined two of them]
•• hello dear! can you do a jay halstead x reader fighting over jealousy, but they end up making up, a little angst and fluffy please? Thank you ❤
••Hey Babe! Can I request protective/jealous Jay Halstead scenario?
——
you understood Jay worked unconventional hours. it was hard sometimes, but you were grateful you had friends to go out with to keep you company while he was at work. Jay understood, he didn't expect you to just stay home while he was at work, he was happy you were going out.
-
you were coming back home after hanging out with your friend. the rest of your friends couldn't make it tonight so it was just you and ryan.

jay had come out of the kitchen when he heard the door open, "hey babe" he smiles as he takes you in his arms and his head goes to the crook of your neck.

he pulls away with a curious look, "why do you smell like cologne?"

"I was hanging out with ryan and it must have rubbed off on me after I hugged him goodbye" you shrug as you took off my coat

jay knew ryan, he didn't exactly like him, but ryan was your friend so jay never said anything.

"who else did you go with?" jay asks as he follows you into the kitchen

"no one else could make it tonight so it was just ryan and I" you say as you head into the kitchen and saw that Jay had cooked, "smells delicious" you smile

"oh" jay mutters as he goes to set the table, "should i be worried?" he tries to joke

"of course not" you laugh

Jay didn't wanna overreact, he was probably just reading too much into it anyway.
-
over the next few weeks, sometimes your night out would just be with ryan if your other friends couldn't make it, but most of the time you were with your group.

you told Jay whenever it would just be you and ryan, you didn't want it to seem like you were hiding it, because you weren't. you thought Jay was cool with you hanging out with Ryan, but apparently not.

you had come home after hanging out with ryan. when you opened the door, jay had been waiting for you, his hands in his pockets and his jaw clenched.

your smile dropped, "what's wrong?" you say as you set your stuff down and stand in front of him

"i get you wanna hang out with friends and I totally support that, but I don't want you hanging out with ryan alone anymore" he says

"why?" you ask, confused. he hasn't said anything before so why now?

"i just, i don't-" he pauses, trying to get his thoughts together

"are you jealous?" you ask as you take a step forward

"no," he scoffs and then you give him a look, "okay maybe" he says

"you don't have any reason to be jealous of him babe" you say as you wrap your arms around his neck, "i love you" you say as you lean in to peck him on the lips.

"it's not that i don't trust you, because i do i just don't-" you cut him off

"i get it. if the roles were reversed i wouldn't be too happy either" he lets out a relieved sigh, happy that you understand where he's coming from
-
you were meeting with Jay at Molly's when Ryan took a seat next to you at the bar, "hey y/n" he smiles

you started to notice how ryan would lean in closer and closer to you, and you were feeling uncomfortable.

you were leaning away from him and were about to tell him to back up when Jay gets in between and pushes ryan away.

"what the hell man?!" ryan says as he pushes Jay back

"not my fault you didn't get the hint when she was backing away from you" jay fires back,

ryan scoffs and goes to punch Jay but is held back by severide and casey, "time for you to leave man" severide says.

"whatever" ryan spits out and leaves

everyone goes back to what they were doing while Jay takes your hand and leads you to the back room.

"I thought you weren't gonna hang out alone with him anymore" jay says as he crosses his arms, accusation clear in his voice.

"I haven't. i got here and was waiting for you and he just sat next to me" you say

"so you didn't plan to meet him here" he says, not believing you

"of course not! and i don't appreciate what you're implying" you say as you cross your arms

he doesn't say anything.

"whatever, i'm going home" you sigh

you go to open the door that leads to the bar when Jay's arm pushes the door back closed.

"please don't leave" he mutters as he takes a deep breath. Jay didn't like walking away from arguments, he wanted to address them right afterwards so they don't linger.

"i'm sorry. i know you wouldn't plan to meet him here if you were already gonna meet with me" he turns you around so you're facing him, "i never really liked him. i didn't like how close you two were and I always thought he had some ulterior motive to hang around you whenever I wasn't around. So when I saw him lean in and try to kiss you, i got pissed"

"you know i wasn't gonna kiss him right? You mean a lot to me and i'd never do anything to jeopardize this relationship" you say as one hand goes to his cheek.

"I know you weren't gonna kiss him back, you were practically out of your seat trying to get away from him" he laughs

you giggle, "i'm glad you jumped in"

"no way in hell was he gonna get to kiss you, only I can" he smiles as his hands move down to your waist.

"oh really" you tease

he softly pushes you against the door and locks it, "yeah, only me" he says as he crashes his lips onto yours.