Lion or serpent?

Overview
It's Phil's first year at Hogwarts. What will happen when he meets a second year Slytherin??
(I know they aren't actually both the same house irl but just go with it thanks)
*Phils PoV*
I was sat on the train as I watched the scenery fly by. It was my first year at Hogwarts. My mum is a muggle whereas my dad is wizard so I am a half- blood. As I hadn't exactly grown up knowing a lot the wizarding world, I was a bit scared. I was sat in a compartment alone. I closed my eyes hoping we'd arrive soon. Those plans were interrupted when a slightly taller boy knocked on the door. I opened my eyes. "Hullo, can I sit in here? Everywhere else is full." He was wearing his robes already. He had a green tie on and I could see his wand poking out of his robe pocket. His brown curly hair matched his brown eyes and he had a sense of familiarity about him. "S-sure. No one else is sat here so it's fine I guess." "Thanks." He had obviously been to Hogwarts before. He sat down and smiled at me. "Is it your first year?" He asked me with a smug smirk on his face.
"How did you know?" I asked taken aback.
"Well you don't have a separate coloured tie on and you look extremely nervous." He said. He ran his hands through his hair and settled back in his seat.
"Well anyway, yeah it is my first year." I said sheepishly. I blushed. I didn't think it was that obvious. Admittedly, I was nervously sweating.
"Nothing to worry about, I'll show you the ropes and everything." He smiled. "As you may have been able to tell, I am a Slytherin."
"Cool. Aren't they known for been mean?"
"Stereotypically, yes but I don't conform to that rule."
"Oh ok good. My name is Phil by the way. Phil Lester." I said holding out my hand.
"Dan, Dan Howell." He said shaking my hand. I felt a shiver down my spine and so did he, o could tell.
"So how many houses are there?" I asked to move the conversation along.
We talked the whole way there.
"See you later in the sorting ceremony I guess." I said.
"Bye Phil. I hope you're Slytherin by the way."
He winked at me and grabbed his bag to leave. I blushed and left.

After a while, I met some new friends. They were nice but I couldn't stop thinking about Dan. He was nicer and kinder to me. I hoped to see him in the sorting ceremony.
"Lester Phil." My name was called out to be sorted. I walked up on the stage and sat down. The tattered hat was placed on my head. "Hmm, where to put you? I see two places you can go. Gryffindor or Slytherin?" The hat began to say. Unbeknownst to me, I started to think about what Dan said again. 'I hope you're Slytherin...'
"Ahh I see. Well then you made your choice. Slytherin it is." The hat called out. I beamed and looked over to the Slytherin table. I saw the whole table cheering but I mostly saw Dan beaming with excitement. I walked over to the table. "Welcome to Slytherin, Phil." Dan whispered in my ear. My new friends were also sorted into Slytherin and we all began the feast.

Well I have officially taken my Harry Potter obsession too far. Hope you like it 💞 I know the picture is Drarry fan art but it's cute so thought you should see it!