Letters to my love

Overview
Dan has been writing letters every year since Dan and Phil met but never sent them to him.
Phil finds them one day.

~2009~
Today I met the future love of my life, Phil Lester.
We had been talking over the phone and Skype but never in person until today. I will never forget today.

~2010~
This was the year where we moved in together as friends. I hoped it would be more but there's always time. I can see this friendship going far.

~2011~
This was year I confessed my feelings. I was so nervous. I was sweating so much. Thankfully, you felt the same. I will never forgot the day we kissed for the first time.

~2012~
We had been dating for a year and we were very happy. We had fought a few small fights but always resolved them. I was ready to say I love you I think. I'm going to wait though.

~2013~
This was the year you had to leave. You had to visit family far away for reasons hard to talk about. I miss you so much. You are still gone. I didn't get a chance to say I love you.

~2014~
You were finally home again. I missed everything about you from your clumsiness to your laugh where you stick your tongue out. We hugged for hours when you arrived home. I finally could say I love you. You said the same back <3

~2015~
The year we came out publicly. Our friends knew but not our audience. They were all very accepting. I was happy and so were you. We had been dating for 5 years now. I wanted to spend the rest of life with you.

~2016~
The year you proposed. I planned to but you jumped the gun before me. It was in the park under the cherry blossoms. There was no one there, just us. I love you with all my heart. I can't wait for our wedding.

~2017~
The year we got married. I remember every detail. I remember your white tuxedo contrasting my black one. I remember your hair being stuck to your face with sweat and my new curly hair being curlier than usual. It was the happiest day of my life. I love you Phil Lester-Howell. <3

The photo you posted to tell everyone was the sweetest (definitely says time for our wedding

(definitely says time for our wedding..ok?)

~2018~
They year I... fell ill with cancer. I remember the day I came home and you already knew. I remember falling in your arms and we began crying for hours. I couldn't leave you, not now. Not after us trying to adopt a child. Not now.

~2019~
My last year here. Our child is beautiful. Little Lily. Out little girl. Every time I see her, I feel so lucky. I love you Philip Michael Lester-Howell. And I love you Lily Jane Lester-Howell. I will miss you dearly if I leave. Please move on. Please.

"Dan." Phil began with heavy heaving sobs. "Why did you leave me like this?"
Their little girl care in crying. She was now 3 years old. Neither of them had moved on yet but they were getting there. Together. While Dan watched over then, they'd be fine.
"It's ok Lily. It'll be ok. Dad loved you so much. He really did. And he loved me. He just had to leave." Phil said bent down hugging the small child.
"I hope Daddy is ok. I miss him" She asked sniffling.
"I know. I do too."
The two vulnerable people were sat hugging in their new flat with photos all around them of Dan and Phil.