|Thirty Three|

Within two days, Hermione went back to the habit of staring up the window, into the grey, gloomy sky.

She was back to living a gloomy life, at the manor. She barely left her room, and when she did, it was only to be harassed and assaulted by her husband.

Hermione stood up from the windowsill, and instantly regretted it. Pain jolted throughout her body, like an electric shock.
She winced, and limped back to her bed, in the hopes of getting rest. However she found resting a bit of a challenge, especially with the black and blue art on her stomach, waist, back and legs. For once, her face wasn't bruised.

Her boredom levels were rising with every second she spent in her room.
It wasn't like she was prohibited from leaving her room. No... It was fear that was stopping her from leaving.

She jumped at the sound of knocking. "C-come in." She stammered fearfully.
The person she dreaded to see, walked past the threshold and walked towards her. His scent, the smell of expensive cologne and cinnamon, burned her nostrils.
Before she knew it, her eyes were watering. His eyes were fixed on her, and his lips formed into a smirk of smugness.

His punishment for her wasn't over.
He pulled a knife from his pocket, his eyes gleaming like the blade. Hermione began to sob.
"Do you know what this is?" Draco questioned.
"K-knife." She choked out between sobs. Draco chuckled; he loved it when she acted like this, pathetic. "This knife, unlike the one I used on you last night," Hermione shuddered at the memory of her thigh being slashed by his switchblade. "Inflicts temporary wounds. So I could cut you now, and the cut would disappear within seconds. But of course, like every knife, it still inflicts pain. Interesting right?"

Hermione's bottom lip quivered. Not interesting, at all.

She screamed as he grabbed her leg, and climbed on top of her. He pinned her arms up above her head, with one hand and forcefully grabbed her chin with the other.
"It was crazy of you, trying to leave me like that. What the hell were you thinking?" He said in a calm voice, that made chills run down Hermione's spine. She'd have preferred it if he yelled.

With a wave of his wand, her wrists were bound together by magically conjured rope.
The rope didn't, however, bind her legs together.
He stroked her discoloured thigh. "I love you." He whispered, next to her ear.
Hermione replied, with all the sincerity she had, because she was, indeed, in love with her. "I-I love you t-too."
Draco raised an eyebrow. "Do you?"
She nodded desperately.
"Well I don't believe you." He whispered.
Hermione felt a sting on her leg, and the stench of blood filled her nose.

The cut on her leg, disappeared within minutes, but the pain didn't. "Draco." She sobbed. He ignored her, and made another long cut along her arm. She screamed.
He made more on her legs and arm, her screams of pain mute to him.

"Feels great doesn't it?" Draco asked.
Hermione, who was pale and clammy, shook her head. Great loud sobs escaped her lips, and her face glistened with sweat and tears.
He made one, final cut along her cheek, the cut glistening with crimson blood before disappeared like the others and leaving a horrible pain behind.

Draco got off her, much to her relief, and slid the knife back into his pocket.
Hermione curled up into a ball, and began to wail loudly.
"W-why?" She managed to gasp between choked sobs.
"Why? Why?!" He seemed outraged that she even dared to ask him that. "You fucking have the audacity to ask why?!"

The tone in his voice caused her to wince.
"Get up."
"P-plea-"
"SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET UP!"
She scurried to her feet, ignoring her sore body, her bruised body parts screaming in protest.

Draco pulled her forward into his chest, rather forcefully. "You're mine." He growled. "You're mine, you're mine, YOU'RE FUCKING MINE OR DO I NEED TO REMIND YOU?!"
The sleeve of her sweater was pulled up, revealing the 'Mine' scar.

Rain began to fall heavily. Heavy droplets of rain were hitting the window and the wind was howling as if in protest. She cried softly, her tears falling like the rain outside.
He let go of her and she tumbled to the ground pathetically.

She heard him mumble things like 'waste of bloody time' and 'fucking useless' as he left, his clothing disheveled from 'teaching her a lesson'.