|Thirty Seven|

"Look what I have." Draco chanted, swinging something in front of Hermione's face. It was a necklace.
A silver necklace with a large, green emerald. The necklace was utterly breathtaking and looked rather expensive. Hermione would be awed if she wasn't so scared.

Draco grinned maniacally, as he continuously swung it. There was a long, pale scar that looked awfully like a crack in his face. It went from above his eyebrows and ended right under his eye.

Despite the ugly scar on his face, Draco still look handsome.

"I want you to wear it."
Hermione looked up. "M-me?"
Draco nodded. Hermione shuddered, memories of the time she wore that horrible locket. Imagine what could happen if she wore something with a piece of Draco's soul in it.

Hermione put it on, her fingers shaking along with the rest of her body.
"Your task is to keep it safe. If anything happens to it..." Draco trailed off, letting Hermione's imagination finish off. Surely the consequences would be gruesomely horrific.

So far the locket had no effect on her. Everything seemed normal. She played with Crystal and Storm a little bit, like always, she read one, two, three, four books and she fell asleep while reading the fifth. Everything seemed normal.
Normal for now...
•~•
After five days if wearing the necklace, the seemingly normal feeling she had remanufactured itself into a feeling of what Hermione would describe as dread.

The necklace also caused her to have extreme nightmares and horrible anxiety.
On the sixth day, she began to have suicidal thoughts.

She sat, on the grassy floor of the twins' nursery, her hand clasped around something. A knife.
She murmured incoherently to herself, as tears streamed down her colourless face.
She ran the blade of the knife across her wrist. Blood poured slowly out of the cut, and onto the grass. A blade of grass shrivelled and turned black when the blood made contact with it.

She made another cut similar to the first one and watched the crimson liquid flow out of the cut.

The door opened abruptly when she was about to make the third cut. Draco knocked the knife out of her hand then grabbed her.
"Go of me." Hermione moaned "Let g-go."
"Hermione, snap out of it!" Draco hissed.
"No, no Draco." Hermione moaned, tears flowing down her face like mini waterfalls.

"Draco stop!"
"Shut the fuck up!"
"Draco please, d-dont—aaah!"
"Keep screaming and I swear I'll beat you till you lose your voice!"
"D-Draco! I'm sorry please!"
"Shut up you bitch!"
"P-please!"
"Save it, bitch!"

"Draco please don't hurt me!" Hermione cried, cowering in fear. Draco's face contorted into a look of confusion. "D-Draco, sorry pl-please, don't h-hit me!"
Draco felt guilt wash over him. The necklace was making her remember all the worst memories she shared with him. It was making her remember the violence, the abuse, the swearing, and all the mistreatment.

"Take it off Hermione." Draco said, trying to take the necklace off her.
Draco's hand shook violently as Hermione moaned, cried and screamed. When he finally managed to get it off her, her crying subsided, and the cuts disappeared completely.

Hermione fell uselessly to the floor, curled up into a ball and sobbed. "D-don't make me wear it Draco." She begged. Draco sighed, as he helped her up. "I won't."
He cupped her pale face, and slowly placed his lips on hers. The kiss instantly calmed her down.

His lips were soft against hers. The kiss was passionate and full of genuine love. She didn't want him to stop or to let go of her, she wanted to be like this with him, forever.