|Epilogue|

The epilogue takes place five years after Hermione's death.
•~•
A little girl, no older than four, squinted her eyes at the headstone in front of her.
"Her...here, here lie...lies." She attempted to read. Just then her brother comes behind her, a look of annoyance on his face. The boy was almost identical to his sister, the only thing that differed between them was the colour of their eyes and the length of their hair.
Her eyes, unlike his stormy grey ones, were a cross between blue and grey, and they sparkled beautifully, like little crystals.
"Don't run off like that!" The boy hissed angrily. He was always one to get ticked off easily. He had such a short temper.
"Sorry Stormie-"
"Don't call me that Cris!"
"But I like calling you Stormie, Storm."
The boy, Storm, grunted angrily.

The girl shrugged and went back to reading the words engraved on the headstone. "Her...no, here lie-"
"'Here lies Hermione Jean Malfoy and Draco Lucius Malfoy'." Storm read quickly, a smug look on his face. Crystal stuck her tongue out at him.

Storm had always been the smartest out of the pair. He was good at math, english, reading and he also was ace at latin and french, both of the languages they both had to do for some reason. He also had a good memory.
The only thing Storm was bad at that Crystal was good at, was playing the piano.
Music had always been her passion. She had told Aunt Ginny that.

"Crystal! Storm!" Aunt Ginny called for them. Storm winced. He thought it was quite rude and obnoxious for someone to raise their voice at a cemetery. This was, after all, the final resting place of countless people including his parents.
"We're over here!" She screamed in an equally loud voice. "Crystal!" Storm hissed.

Ginny jogged towards them. "Don't run off like that guys!"
"Sorry Aunt Ginny." They apologised at exactly the same time. Ginny smiled. "Come on, let's go." Ginny said, taking their hands. "Ooh are we apparating?" Storm asked hopefully.
"Sorry Storm, I don't think you're sister stomach can take it." Ginny said. Storm shot Crystal a dark look.

"Wait, Aunt Ginny can I do something before we go?" Crystal asked. Ginny sighed. "Okay but be quick."
Crystal pulled two artificial flowers from her hair, before placing them in front of the headstone. She then kissed the headstone and whispered, "I love you guys." Ginny watched, her heart swelling with sadness at the child's antics.

"Okay, let's go." Ginny said, taking her hand. "You know, what you just did was unhygienic."
Crystal furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Aunt Ginny, what does 'uhygeneic' mean?" She asked, mispronouncing unhygienic.
"Unhygienic means dirty."

Crystal gasped. "Don't call mummy and daddy dirty!"
"That stone isn't mommy and daddy!"
Ginny laughed as the pair began to bicker while they walked home.
It would be absolutely mayhem if they began to bicker with James.

I hope my children found happiness without me.
"Don't worry, they did." Ginny mumbled.
"Did you say anything Aunt Ginny?" Crystal asked.
"No honey I didn't."
"Looks like Crystal's going looney." Storm said, snickering.

"You're acting so beastly!" Crystal said. "Wow, I'm surprised you even know the word beastly. I wonder if you can spell it." Storm mocked.
"Stop it!" Crystal yelled.

Hermione smiled, as she watched them from a distance. She stared at her transparent hands, as tears slid down her face.
They did find happiness without her.
Thank you.
•~•
Author's note

That's the end of the story.
I'd like to thank all the people who voted and viewed my story. Without you guys my story wouldn't have gotten 8k views.
Thank you all! Here, have more donuts🍩
Please continue voting and commenting.
~G