Chapter Eight

It was now Sunday morning. The time was around 7:20 A.M. I was thinking about how I would tell Bri, that i'm leaving for New York, in just two days. On Tuesday morning, i'll be on a plane. Leaving. I just met Bri, and I already knew we were going to start being close friends. I didn't want to say goodbye already.

I headed downstairs, to make some coffee. The whole house was empty at this point. My mom already gave away all the furniture, and old junk to the Goodwill, and packed her things up. The only thing left was packing my stuff up. I grabbed the box that the notes were in, and shredded them. I mean. Now that i'm leaving. I don't have to worry about this, or them.

"Hey." I sent a text to Bri.

"Hi girl! What's up?"

"I have to tell you something. Do you think, I can come over and tell you? or something"

"Yes. Liam is there right now. I'm at Starbucks getting us pink drinks. Head over now, i'll be there in 20." *click*

I grabbed my stuff again, and headed on over to Bri's. My stomach was already in a knot, it feels like I was breaking up with someone. I mean damn I just made a new friend, and now I have to leave. Perfect timing. Sheesh.

*Ding Dong*

The door sprung open. Liam was standing there, with his bright smile beaming, and his blue eyes sparkling. He brushed his hair back with his fingers.

"You again? Wowza." He continued smiling.

"Stop! You see. I need to talk to Bri, and even you about something. It's not really good news."

He pointed his finger, leading me in. He stopped smiling, and looked concerned at this point.

"What do you mean?"

The door flew open again, it was Bri. She had three pink drinks in her hand, and handed one to me, and Liam.

"Ahh.. Thank you. You didn't need too."

"Shut up Luna!! I insist I got you one... So what was it you wanted to talk about" Bri took a big sip of her drink, and smiled.

"Um...There's no easy way to say this." I frowned.

Liam came up to me, and pulled my chin up.

"What is it?"

"I'm moving. My mom got a job offer in New York, and she took it. I'm gonna start online school, and hopefully come back senior year." I tried to smile.

Bri and Liam looked at each-other, and did a sad pouty face.

"Oh." They both ironically said at the same time.

I got up, and headed straight for the front door. I didn't wanna stay there, especially if they were gonna be sad, it was only gonna make me more sad.

"Wait. When do you leave?" Bri asked.

"Tuesday Morning." I closed the door, and left.