Chapter Five

Wednesday Morning.

I'm walking to school this morning. I live kinda far from school, but I needed the walk. I needed to be alone in the fresh morning air.

"Hey!!"

A sweet looking girl came and approached me. She had long pink highlighted hair, and it was very curly. Uncontrollably curly.

"Hey! Who are you??

"Oh sorry! I'm Bri! Today is my first day at the Creek Wood High-school. I assumed you were walking there."

"Oh yes I am. I'm a junior."

We walked all the way to school, and it took like 30 minutes. Thank God we left kind of earlier than normal though.

"So it's really your first day. It's the beginning of the year though so you have nothing to worry about!"

Bri seemed so outgoing and innocent, but I can tell she looked nervous. I mean going to a new school is a nerve-racking thing. Especially as a junior. I mean everyone already knows everyone. After Emma died, I really have no friends though. At least now I can hang with the new girl.

After second period, I walked to my locker, and a note fell out. "Luna, don't ignore me. You have to call me". I put the note and shoved it into my backpack. I didn't want anyone else to see, or anyone to assume I had a stalker or something.

I saw Bri looking at me the whole entire time, she had a locker right across from mine. Did she see the note? Ugh!

"Hey Bri! I'm going to The Jungle Cafe after school, do you want to go?"

"Yes! I love coffee! Actually obsessed to be honest."

"Okay perfect! See you after school!"

*BRRINGG* the last school bell of the day went off.

I headed straight to the parking lot, and waited for Bri to see me.

Bri came skipping down to where I was, her pink curly hair flew in the wind. It kinda made me giggle. What a freaking weirdo. I thought to my head.

We now arrived at The Jungle Cafe. We spent like two hours there, just getting to know each other. I mean I wanted to know this girl's whole life story. She was kinda to herself, and didn't open up much. I did most of the talking. I was ready to leave. It was about 6:32 P.M. I gave Bri my snap, phone number, and instagram. So we could stay in touch. I mean again. She was my only friend at the time. I mean were we even friends. We just met today.

I walked with Bri home, we only lived like three or four houses away from each-other. I said goodnight, and headed back in to my house. My mother was still at work. So I had the whole house to myself. I went straight to my room, and flopped on my bed. "Goodnight world". I said.