Chapter 3: it's me

Riley's POV:

"It's almost time for your party girl and you have to get ready!",Britney nudged me forward. We searched for the right thing for me to wear.

Finally I found a strapless black flowy top with shorts and black flip flops.

"Oh my gosh Riley! You look hot",Britney smiled.

-20 minutes later-

People began filing in my house and we turned on the music.

Hot Potato: I'm here:)

Me: where?

Hot Potato: somewhere;)

Me: u r a butt face

Hot Potato: I brought u presents. Cool party. C u in a bit babe

Ok so where the heck am I gonna find somebody I don't know? All I know is that he or even a she ughhh...is called Hot Potato in my contacts.

I walked around to find out where I could spot potato dude.

Over by the couch, two people were making out and I ignored them. After a whole of searching I walked over to get myself some soda.

A guy and two other girls were getting themselves drinks. I grabbed the bottle and poured some into a cup.

"I don't like diet Pepsi that much",the guy pointed to my drink.

"Not many people do. I like it better than regular though",I shrugged.

"It's your birthday right?"he asked.

"Yeah",I made a half smile.

"Oh well happy birthday",he smiled.

I smiled back. "Who did you come with?".

"Oh I came alone to meet somebody here. Well I gotta go over there for a bit. Thanks for the drinks",he smiled walking off.

I turned my back and felt a tap in my shoulder. His head leaned in for a second and he said,"oh and by the way..Hot Potato did bring you pizza".

I let out a gasp and turned around.

Did I just meet him? Oh my gosh.

I walked over to the direction I saw him go. He went upstairs.

Why is he doing up there for?

I walked up the stairs and looked in all the rooms. My door was open and I saw him sitting on my bed holding a box of pizza.

I guess I was awkwardly staring and he coughed. "um hi Riley".

"Hi. So are you Hot Potato?",I giggled.

"Yes I am babe",he stood up.

He held out the box. "I brought you the pizza you wanted".

"Thanks",I smiled.

I looked at him. He had acne on his cheeks mostly and his hair was a little long but not long enough to be a girly hairstyle.

"So are you going to tell me your name?",I asked.

"Ha! Yeah I guess so. I kinda promised you". He stepped back and stared back at me.

"My name is Hunter Hayes".

Hunter...ok

"So like why have you been hiding yourself?",I asked.

"Well I'm not that smooth with girls and I find you very pretty so I decided to have fun with it. I got your number just cause I was nervous and I wanted to be mysteriously attractive",he smirked.