Prologue

This is a world where kids are kids and are the only ones in the world. Nature grows and provides for them. Where kids create Tribes and try to survive. Where danger could be anywhere. Where a tiny bee could be deadly. Where Cancer and other deadly diseases don't exist. This world has no adults only kids. The planet kills the adults to survive. This world is called Marnik.

I am Hadley and that is my world. I never knew my parents. All I have left from my parents is my name, my brother, Owen, and my dog, Flana.

I am Owen and that is my world. I knew my parents at one point and time. But now I don't. I know very little about them. All I know is that they were a kids tribe leader and that there names were Eliza and Greg. I only have my little sister, Hadley, my name, and her dog, Flana.

I am Florence and that is my world. My parents died before I was born. I shouldn't even be alive, but I am. Because I am a Lucky. Luckies are kids who get their parents tribe or gets put in their tribe just because their parents died before they were one unless you had a older sibling. That is all I have of my parents.

I am Lizzy and that is my world. I was only four when I ran away from my brother. I didn't realize it at the time but he was protecting me from the evil in this world. I left behind more than I thought. I left my sister. I want to go back and be with them. I have been looking for them for the past 3 years. I heard about them from many tribes. My brother must have given up on trying to go across the Great Lake.

There are many kids like Hadley and Florence, but there is one that knows their parents. That one has four siblings. Most kids don't have a sibling at all. So why does this one have four no one knows. These kids don't know that they have a sibling. But most adults die after their second kid. What causes these people to stay alive? Was how they had their first kid at age 17 so the planet didn't kill them right away. Their second at age 18. Third at age 19 and fourth at age 20. Of course the kids were taken away after the parents got pregnant again. None of those kids should be able to know each other ever. Something bad might happen.