Chapter Two: A Boys Camp

Hadley's POV
They picked me up and started running back to their camp. “Owen,” I yelled, “Help.”

“Hadley, stay calm,” Owen replied.

“Keep her quiet,” the leader said, “We don’t want to fight with any of the tribes.”

The tied a piece of cloth around my mouth and continued carrying me back to their camp.

We traveled a few hours until we reached their camp. I noticed that there was only boys and I was the only girl there. They all looked over and gazed when we got there like it was weird seeing a girl actually enter the camp. The smell was horrible. All I wanted to do was vomit. But I couldn’t with this piece of cloth over my face. And if I did I would have to sit there and taste it. “What’s up with the girl,” asked another boy.

“She can go through the trees faster than all of our tree climber,” said Luke I am pretty sure.

“I am not that fast,” I said through the piece of fabric, “You guys are just slow.”

“Just shut up,” said Luke.

“Sorry don’t want to,” I said.

I was fiddling around in my back pocket looking for my knife. I grabbed it and cut the ropes of my hands. I kept my hands behind me so they didn’t know I cut them. I put the knife back in my pocket. I wasn’t going to hurt anyone I didn’t have to. I shook my head and spit the piece of cloth out of my mouth. “You people suck at tying things,” I said.

“Why does that matter?” Luke asked.

“I don’t know, but it does,” I answered.

“Stop talkin’ to the girl,” said a older boy, “take her to the pit and leave her there.”

“Fine, whatever,” said the person I presume is Florence.

“I can’t wait to get to some place called the pit,” I said, “sounds interesting.”

They walked to the center of the village and dropped me in the pit. “Thanks for dropping me somewhere finally,” I said, “It took you long enough.”

Florence's POV
When the girl said we suck at tying. I knew what she meant but I didn’t say anything. Then Caleb said to stop talking to her I knew that the camp was finally going to get something interesting happen in this camp. Which never happen, never. When it does happens life might be interesting.

We dropped her in the pit and everyone was called to a meeting. When I got there I got called to the front to where Gerdad because I helped capture the girl. “Boys we now got the best tree runner I have ever seen,” Gerdad said, “She might be a girl but she got skills. She can bet our best tree runner by a long shot. I will train with her to see how well she is before she trains with you guys. I will train with her because she is stronger than she looks and way faster than you would think. She more than likely will try to….”

Before he could finish we heard a big bang and then a scream. We all looked towards the center of town not knowing what was happening. “Is there anyone standing guard,” Gerdad asked, “Is there anyone watching the girl?”

“No,” Luke answered.

After Gerdad heard that he started sprinting towards the middle. I ran after him not knowing what to do.

Hadley's POV
I cut the rope around my legs and tried climbing up the side. When I made it almost to the top I fell back down and landed on my back. I screamed out in pain. Then I turned over and saw a dead body and screamed even louder. I started stabbing my knife into the walls and climbed as hard as I could I reached the top and pulled myself onto the edge. I looked over and saw about the whole tribe of boys staring at me young and old. “Crap,” I whispered, “Well nice meeting you all but I got to go.”

I stood up and ran towards the trees knowing that if I got there I would be home free. The only thing is that I have to go back and Owen later when it is dark out. I saw a tree and got in it hoping this isn’t one of the tribes that have watch people in trees. Most tribes do now but I didn’t see anyone and so I made a run for it. “Crap,” yelled the tribe leader running to the trees, “Get her. Hurry up she is literally a ninja in the trees.”

I ran as hard as I could and as fast as I could trying to get higher up because that’s where it is harder to stay in the trees. I sung on one of the vines and got higher into the treetops. I stopped to catch my breath and listened for anyone coming. I heard nothing so I sat down and rested. It started to get dark so I found somewhere to lay down and fell asleep.

Florence's POV
I ran for hours looking for her. Never did find her I had no idea where she would go. So I headed back to camp. It was already dark so we already had the fires lit. “Florence, go and integrate the boy we brought with her,” Gerdad insisted.

I walked over to where the boy was being held. It was the first time I have ever got to actually take a look at him. He looks a lot like the girl. “What have you done to Hadley?” He asked.

“Who’s Hadley?” I asked.

“Hadley is my sister and the girl you guys caught.”

“Ohh her. She ran off. First person to ever get out of the pit.”

“She wouldn’t leave without me. How’d she get out of your pit and get away. You would think you guys were smart enough to have guards standing by and watching her.”

“Well we had a tribe meeting and everyone was there so everyone was there instead of watching her so we could hear what Gerdad had to say. Anyways I should be asking the questions not you.”

“Okay ask away I won’t have the answers you want probably.”

“Okay do you know where your sister would have gone? Also what’s your name?”

“I am Owen and I have no idea where she would go besides the trees which won’t be much information."

“Okay, Owen, what part of the trees would she go to more than likely?”

“The tops because that where she thinks she is safess.”

“Thanks. Does she have any specific trees she likes to climb?”

“Mainly Fanapple Trees. That is the only tree she would go to the tops to find the best fanapples.”

“Your a big help you know that. Finally, What is it you and your sister are trying to do? Why aren’t you apart of any Tribes?”

“We are making our own tribe with others like us rejects.”

“What exactly is a reject I never really knew much about them?”

“A reject is a person who is stays with their siblings or know what their parents were like.”

“Why’d you get consider a reject?”

“Because I wouldn’t give my sister to another tribe to save our tribe’s leader best friend. So no one wants me apart of their tribe now.”

“Thanks. Now I need to go tell Gerdad all this.”

I ran towards Gerdad’s hutto report what I learned. When I got there I saw that they were planning search parties to find Hadley. “Gerdad,” I said, “I got a lot of info. for ya.”

“Everyone out now.”

Once everyone left I told Gerdad everything Owen told me about him and his sister.