Chapter Eleven: Life and Death Situations

I heard Lizzy talking to Gerdad. I still don’t know what the Jewel of Marnik is and why it has anything to do with controlling the planet. “We need to go back for her,” I whispered to Florence.

“We can’t, I’m sorry,” he replied, “You have to be quiet. You must so Luke doesn’t find us. If he does then you need to run and get out of here.”

“I’m going back for her,” I insisted, “you can come with me or you can leave that’s your choice.”

I took of my sandals off and started to leave Florence. I was heading back towards the people who tried to kill me. “Wait,” Florence calls, “we need a plan.”

“No we don’t,” I urged, “We can just wing it.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hadley!” I yelled as she jumped out of the trees.

“Well looks like this shouldn’t be hard,” Luke said jumping down to the branch I was on, “She literally gonna walk into my hands.”

Luke grabbed ahold of me and tied my hands. I was hoping that Hadley would think of something better than just winging it. Winging it might just get us all killed.

When we made it to where Gerdad was standing I sat down next to Lizzy which she was still passed out. She had a nick on her neck which was still bleeding. “Florence, I would have let you back into the tribe if you actually gave me Hadley,” Gerdad laughed, “but I can’t because you sent Lizzy not Hadley. I am not a complete idiot.”

Lizzy was slowly coming back to consciousness. Which I figured was a good thing. There was some rustling in the bushes. “Well I think she’s here,” Luke called, “Come out and we’ll be nice to them.”

A snaketooth jumped out of the bushes. It was heading straight towards Lizzy and I. I can’t even run away because my legs are tied up. Lizzy was fully conscious now. “Seriously,” she yelled, “snaketoothes.”

“Yeah and we can’t move,” I mumbled.

I’ve never been bitten by a snaketooth. I don’t know if I’ll even survive that. I don’t think anyone survived a snaketooth bite. There poison is one of the deadliest poisons in the world. It’s right after tigerhope poison which is the most deadliest poison in the world. “You are seriously just gonna let us die,” I yelled, “You guys are cowards.”

“Well we don’t want to die also,” Luke complained.

“Owww!!!!” Hadley yelled from the tree above us, “I really hate pinprickle trees.”

Hadley fell to the ground right in front of us. “Well that didn’t work out right,” she mumbled.

“Luke,  go grab her and leave the other two for the dead,” Gerdad demanded.

“Well I don’t think that is going to work for you,” Hadley declared, “because I always have a few tricks prepared.”

“Wait where’s the dog?” Luke yelled.

“I don’t know,” Hadley replied, “she must have fell out of my satchel when I fell from the trees. Have you ever been stabbed by a pinprickle needle? They really hurt.”

“No, I haven’t and where is your dog?” Luke demanded.

“I don’t know,” Hadley yelled, “also have you seen my snaketooth.”

What in the world is she doing? She is literally talking to the people that want to kill her. Who does that? “What are you doing?” Lizzy yelled, “Trying to get yourself killed.”