Chapter Twenty-One: Healing Process

Hadley's POV
I was limp. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even breath by myself, the planet was breathing for me. I couldn't feel the blood leaking from my neck and couldn't see a thing but darkness. I can't feel a thing. I don't even know who was carrying me. I could feel myself slipping away from realty, slowly losing my memories. I'm forgetting who I am and who I know. This is what dying must feel like. I kept repeating in my head, my name is Hadley. I have three brothers, Luke, Jacob, and Owen, and a twin sister, Lizzy. I'm in love with a boy named Florence. And Gerdad wants me dead. I'm chosen to find the planet's heart but I must lil Florence to do so. I must do it because I want others to live and the planet to survive. The planet speaks to me and can heal me. I kept repeating that in my head and got interpreted by the star. You'll live through this stay strong.

Forest's POV
Lizzy was falling to the ground crying when Jacob brought Hadley over. Blood was spilling out of her neck and she was barely breathing. I started pulling her away when Luke started pouring water on her neck. Hadley was starting to shake, but I got Lizzy far enough away so she didn't see it. I don't understand how Luke and Jacob are being so calm. They are really calm considering they are holding someone's life in their hands. I know I would be freaking out.

Owen's POV
I literally stayed by Hadley's side the whole time she was dead like. Her skin was super pale and her eyes were dead. No movement or emotion at all. I've never seen her look so bad. It scared me half to death when I saw the cut heal. One moment it was there the next thing I know it's gone. "D-did I ju-ju-just die?" she stuttered.

"Hads?" I whispered.

"Owen," she whispered, "Why does my throat hurts so much?"

"Hads, Gerdad killed," I replied, " he cut your throat and you came back to life."

She groaned and went back to sleep. I don't blame her though. She was just killed and came back to life. Honestly I would do the same thing if I wasn't worrying to death.

Florence's POV
I watched Hadley die upon the hill but she also watched me die. I think we're even now. We've both watched each other die and come back to life. Which most people don't get to see. It's actually really weird to watch someone come back to life of you watched them die. Hadley stirred a little bit not very much. I made Owen go and rest after hours of watching her. He shouldn't be exhausted from watching over her. Lizzy walked off a while ago to go find the star which was cut of when Hadley's throat was cut. "How long should she be under, Luke?" I asked.

"She should rest for about 48 hours before she can walk again," Luke replied, "she should start talking in about five hours and feeling no pain in ten hours."

"That's a long time," I exclaimed , "we haven't stayed in one place that long in months."

"She needs to heal," Luke explained , "if we try to move her during the healing process then she might have some type of internal damage we can't heal not even the planet could heal them. We're talking about memory lost or worse going brain dead. If that happens then we are all doomed. Mainly because her most recent memory from the last year will be gone. Including you, me, Jacob, Lizzy, the planet, and the star."

"That's doesn't sound very good," I mumbled.

"Exactly," Luke replied.

I sat there for another ten minutes before Lizzy came running up holding the bag. "It's trying to communicate with someone," Lizzy yelled quickly, "and I can understand what it's saying. "

I grabbed the star and got sucked up in one of its light balls. "You must get her some thing or she won't survive. The cut might be healed but she won't survive with what is in her blood stream. The knife was coated in something this time that will end up with her dead. Gerdad purposely did it. Take this and make her drink it," the star spoke quickly handing me a bottle of water.

The star dropped me back where I was. I still had the bottle of water. I looked and saw that the only person around was Lizzy and she didn't look to concern on what I was about to do. I opened Hadley's mouth and poured the water in her mouth. She swallowed it right away. Her breathing was starting to get normal and sound right.

Hadley's POV
I felt myself swallow something but I wasn't sure what it was it had no taste whatsoever. It was freezing cold but super hot at the same time. I started to breath easier and normal. I started to feel things again. It wasn't like the earlier where I felt a little pain. Now I felt all the pain coursing through me. I felt the need to scream but I couldn't. I was slowly waking up, I thought, I'm waking up. I don't know what I'm gonna wake up to but I am. I opened my eyes to see nothing but greenery. I tried to look around but my neck hurt to much. "Hads?" Owen questioned.

"Yeah," I whispered.

"Hadley," Lizzy exclaimed, "You're alive!!"

"I guess I am," I whispered.

"Don't talk to much," Luke informed, "you'll might lose your voice of you do. You can speak a few words here and there but not a lot. Slide you're recovering faster than I guessed."

" Yeah you weren't suppose to start talking for another four hours, " Jacob said.

"Well isn't that a good thing," Florence added, "if she's healing we can get moving again."

"I've made my decision," I whispered, "I'll kill Florence to save the planet."

"Hadley, you don't have to," Florence injected, "I understand now why you don't want to do it."

"I need to otherwise you'll die anyways," I cried, "along with everyone else I care about."

I laid there crying. I would have moved if I had enough strength to but I didn't. I don't see why though. I don't even know why I'm crying. I just think that I needed to let go of everything. I tried to smile but couldn't. I also see why Luke told me not to speak very much. My vocal cords hurt horribly. I was hoping that the planet would heal Florence after I killed him. If the planet didn't I would probably kill something. Even if it was just a lady bug. I would still be killing something.