Chapter Three: A Injury

Hadley's POV
I woke up the next morning to a woodpecker eating the fanapple tree. I looked around looking for something to eat. That is when I saw a Kapinple. The sweetest fruit on this whole stinkin planet. It taste like a normally pineapple covered in chocolate. Yum!!

I jumped over to the closes branch and hit the branch wrong and went falling to the ground very fast. I reached into my secret satchel and pulled out a rope. I Threw the rope hoping that it would catch onto something so I wouldn’t die from falling out of a Tree. Finally it grabbed something and I sung on it until it stopped swinging. When I stopped I started climbing up it to see what I hit when the rope start to get pulled up. I had two options either go to what’s up there or fall to my death. I rather try my chances with whoever’s up there.

When I reach the top I find the kid named Florence holding onto the rope pulling up. “Well that was a stupid idea of mine to take my chances with the rope,” I said.

“I got her guys,” Florence yelled.

“Well I wish I got the Kapinple so I would at least have something to eat,” I mumbled.

“You’ll get something when we get back to the camp,” He answered.

“Can I at least have my rope back?” I asked.

“No.”

“You people really do hate me. Just because I am a girl.”

“We don't hate girls it is just Gerdad has a past with girls that kicked him out of the tribe he grew up in.”

“So he hates girls. Lucky me.”

“Ugh.”

He jumped down using my rope for sliding to the ground. I was told to go first because he knew that I would run. When I reached the bottom I was surrounded by boys again.

Florence's POV
I slid down the rope right after her so I could keep my eye on her. When I reached the bottom she looked as if she was very annoyed. “Great job, Florence,” some of the boys said.

While the older ones said, “He can actually do something right without ruining things.”

“How do you get this stupid rope down,” I grunted.

Hadley walked over grabbed the rope and it came down with a stench bug on it. “This planet is definitely on my side today,” she mumbled as the stench bug went of.

“Seriously,” Most the boys yelled.

Hadley just started laughing. That’s when I realized it wasn’t a stench bug it was a laughter beetle. It went of right in her face causing her to get the side effects. She wrapped the rope up and put it somewhere. We started to head back to camp with Hadley still in a giggle fit. “Stop that annoying laughing,” Sam said.

“I can’t,’’ Hadley giggled.

I honestly thought it was kinda cute. She looks way less annoyed and scared while laughing. Plus she can’t think of a plan to leave while giggling. We arrived at camp and she bursts out laughing when she sees the satisfaction on Gerdad’s face that she was captured. “What’s wrong with her?” Gerdad asked.

“A laughing beetle,” She giggled.

Gerdad started to look annoyed. “Give her the serum to make her stop laughing,” Gerdad instructed.

“Gerdad, if she quits laughing she’ll be able to plan an escape plan again,” I informed.

“Right,” Gerdad said, “Take her to a cage or something.”

We took her to the holding cells. I was the first to stand guard and watch her. It took her awhile to get control of the giggling. “I hate laughing beetles,” she giggled.

“Why?” I asked.

“They make me laugh for days,” she replied, “And I get dehydrated after a few hours because I can’t stop laughing to take a drink.”

She got in a giggling fit again. Making me feel like laughing. She started fiddling around with her braid. She reached into her pocket and pulled out something. “What is that?” I asked.

Something started nagging at my mind about that canteen looking familiar. “It’s water,” she giggled dumping half of it on the ground.

I started thinking about why it looked familiar. Then it hit me it was a canteen I lost three years ago by the waterfall. “Where’d you find that?” I asked.

Hadley's POV
“By the Westside Waterfall,” I giggled.

“I lost that three years at that waterfall,” he replied.

I continued giggling. He looked back to see me hang upside down from the rafters giggling. “What are you doing?’’ he asked.

“I am trying to get the laughing out,” I giggled.

“Well...Don’t hurt yourself?” He said.

Florence's POV
I looked back and she fell to the ground and hit her head. She passed out. “Help!!!”

Gerdad and a few of the older kids came running in. “What happened?’’ Gerdad asked.

“She must have fell and hit her head. I don’t know,” I said covering my face.

Luke ran in there and checked her pulse. “She’s still breathing but barely,” He said.

“The planet won’t let her die unless it’s her time,” Gerdad said, “And I don’t think it is.”

“What is the planet going to do to save her.” I whispered, “And how are we going to help her.”

“I think we have to take her to the cave,” Luke said.

“What’s the cave?” I asked.

“It’s a place that hasn’t been used in 200 years but the planet will let some people know about. For if it needs to be used in case of an emergency.”

“We should get her brother to help us get her there,” I said.

“He could just grab her and run off,” said Gerdad.

“Well do you have a better plan,” Luke said, “Plus most the boys won’t want to help carry her.”

“Well I guess he’s the best shot we got.”