Chapter Eight: Attacked

Florence's POV
We climbed for what felt like ten hours for until Owen decided to stop again. Hadley didn’t look to good. But I didn’t know if it was from the water or drinking too much water. I was pretty sure it was because she drank too much water though. She wasn’t puking she was just complaining about her side hurting. Which I am pretty sure happens when you drink to much water.  It’s never happen to me because they always put a limit on how much water you get a week. It was already sundown so that means we have mean climbing for pretty much three hours. I have a feeling I am going to be sore tomorrow. Hadley started puking when I turned around to look at her. I was at least glad it was going over the mountain. “Hadley, control it,” Owen said

“It is kind of hard,” Hadley said and puked some more, “I am just trying not to puke my guts out.”

“On other thought,” Owen mumbled, “You should eat a pearberry.”

“I don’t think a pearberry will help her,” I said, “I think eating food will make it worse.”

“Well that is true, Owen,” Lizzy said, “We don’t know what it the pearberry will do.”

Hadley's POV
I continued puking over the mountain. I think it was from drinking to much water. When Owen told me to control it I thought that he was talking about puking, but then I realized my eyes were flaring. The flare was for the urge to run. I knew that the flare to run was because I thought it was embarrassing to puke in front of Florence.

I didn’t know what it was about Florence, but every time I was around him I felt my cheeks flush. Of course you couldn’t see it because my cheeks are already red. I don’t know why my cheeks flush every time I was around him. He just so cute. I am glad he chose to come with us then to stay with Gerdad. I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Gerdad though. He seemed pretty keen on using me to become better in the trees.

I stopped puking after twenty minutes. I grabbed a canteen from my bag and drinked some water. “I would really like to know what the Jewel of Marnik is, Owen,” I muttered, “Also can I have a pearberry please. I’m starving.”

“Well considering that you just puked for twenty minutes I wouldn’t blame you for being hunger,” Owen said throwing a pearberry at me.

Lizzy's POV
I didn’t realize that someone could puke for twenty minutes. Well I guess you find out new things when you’re around Hadley. “Lizzy, we need to talk,” Owen whispered to me.

“Okay,” I said following Owen.

"Supposable, Hadley had you as an imaginary friend when she was little,” Owen started, “It was pretty much right after you left. It makes it interesting to how she still remember you.”

I was still looking at Hadley when Lizzy and Owen walked away. I wonder if it is her hopeful green eyes or her sun bleached brown hair. Her tanned skin makes her hopeful green eyes stand out. I can’t stop staring at her. I don’t know why. But if I looked close enough in her eyes they had light blue flecks that you could barely see. I also wondered if her leather jacket was comfortable. She ran around barefoot in the trees. But otherwise I’ve seen her in sneakers or sandals. “Hadley,” I whispered, “Why are you barefoot half the time?”

“It’s easier to climb trees that way,” she replied, “It’s easier to move in the trees barefoot.”

That is something I’ve never heard of before. Hollering started around us. “No not now,” Hadley whispered, “Why is this happening.”

“What’s happening?” I asked.

Hadley's POV
I knew the call of the group that was coming to attack. Normally this is when I should be ready to run, but there is no way Florence would be able to keep up with me. “Aloisia’s tribe,” I said preparing to attack back, “She has the best tribe on this planet and will literally kill to get what she wants.”

“Hadley, what does she want?” Florence asked quickly.

“Hadley, she’s coming get it ready,” Owen yelled running back here, “How’d she find you so quick?”

“Might not help that she is a warrior and she has the best trackers,” I muttered.

Out of nowhere someone jumps out and puts a knife up to my throat. “Just let me leave with her in peace and none of you will get hurt,” Aloisia said behind me.

Some of her fighters came out holding crossbows. One was aimed at everyone including Flana. “You know we don’t give up without a fight,” I whispered, “We’ll never give up and you’ll never keep me captured long enough to know where he went.”

“Hadley, you don’t understand,” She started, “you will tell me or your brother will die, so tell me where he is.”

“I got to think,” I replied, “and I can’t think with a knife on my throat or crossbows pointed at the people I know. So put down the knife and make them drop the crossbows.”

“I can’t do that,” Aloisia said, “you’ll just try to get away again.”

An arrow got fired and flew past my face. Now was the time for me to make my move. They made their move so they better be prepared.

Lizzy's POV
Hadley pushed her elbow back into the girl with the knife. She got out of her grasp and pulled out her own knife. “Drop your crossbows and leave or she gets it,” Hadley yelled.

The people surrounding us all dropped their crossbows and ran off. “You idiots,” Aloisia yelled, “She can’t hurt or kill anyone she’s to nice.”

“Aloisia, go and don’t come back,” I said, “If I ever see you again I will kill you not my sister. Understand.”

“Yes,” she whimpered as she ran off.

“Hadley, are you okay,” Florence asked quickly.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Hadley said hugging him.