Chapter Thirteen: The Night Terror

Hadley's POV
It’s been a week since Florence kissed my forehead. It still felt like his lips where they touched. When everyone else was asleep I went and laid by Florence. “I made my decision what about what I think about meeting you,” I whispered in his ear, “I think it changed me for the better.”

“Well that’s good,” he whispered back in my ear, “How much of you did it change?’

“Not very much,” I whispered baack, “Just my intelligence about jumping straight into danger. I use to not do that.”

“Well that what makes you, you. If you wouldn’t go jumping into danger I don’t think I would’ve risked my life to save you.”

“I guess you brought the silly trait out of me. That stupid thing has almost got me killed twice.”

I started to see Florence in a different view from when I first met him. I think I started to like him. He started to push the hair out of my eyes. “Well I got to see the Hadley that will risk her life for anyone.”

“Well I didn’t know what else to do. I knew I could take the snaketooth poison again. Plus I can’t let others get hurt to protect me.”

“Well then why did you stab Luke in the arm then?”

“So Lizzy didn’t go with him. She doesn’t know where the Jewel of Marnik is. I can feel it though. I don’t know how or why I can, but I just can.”

“Well I wish you couldn’t. I just wish you were normal and didn’t have to risk your life to save others.”

“I wish I didn’t have to also. I just know I have to. It’s my destiny.”

“We create our destinies. They aren’t already wrote for us.”

“Well I don’t think we would’ve ever met if they weren’t wrote out for us already. I was about to walk right past that tree when I had a sudden urge to climb it to grab a fanapple. I was about to let you take my fanapple when I had a sudden urge to go get the fanapple back. I don’t know why I wanted to get it back so bad.”

We ended up talking for thirty minutes. I layed down on his chest to try to get some sleep. I ended up falling asleep ten minutes after laying down. I dreamed of him, of Gerdad.

I was climbing in the trees near a waterfall when I heard branches snap. The snapping started to get louder and closer. “I KNOW YOUR HERE, HADLEY!!!”

I started to tremble I knew he was here to kill me. He’s already killed everyone else, Owen, Florence, Lizzy, Flana, and Forest. I was the only one left for him to kill. The planet bailed on me once everyone else died. It won’t even talk to me. “HADLEY, COME DOWN HERE. I KNOW YOUR IN THE TREES. COME OUT AND I MIGHT SPARE YOUR LIFE IF YOU GIVE ME THE STAR, DARLING.”

I knew he was lying, he’s already tried to kill me twice. If that wasn’t enough he had Luke hold me as he killed my family and friends. He even killed Luke when Luke let me walk free. “Give me a minute please.”

I started to climb down the tree. I have nothing left to fight for anyways. Everyone gave up on me. There’s nothing for me in this world. When I got to the ground I started to walk towards where Gerdad was standing. “There’s nothing left in this world for me, so just kill me.”

“Now why would I do that?”

“THAT’S ALL YOU’VE EVER ONE WANTED TO DO SINCE THE DAY YOU MET ME.”

Gerdad pulled the blade out that he killed everyone else. I handed him the star and kneeled before me. “Hadley, don’t do it,” I heard everyone else running this way.