Chapter Nine: Forest

Florence's POV
She hugged me. Hadley hugged me. I never thought that Hadley would hug me. She could have hugged her sister or Owen but she hugged me. I think I am insane, I mean it was only a hug. It was nothing more than that. “Florence, are you doing okay,” Lizzy asked.

“Ah yeah,” I mumbled, “I’m just fine.”

Even though I was daydreaming about Hadley. Why did she have to have the perfect amount of freckles. Why’d her eyes so full of hope. Her smile probably would make the darkest seconds seem like the happiest moments. Why does she have this effect on me? Why does she make feel like there’s nothing to worry about in this world? She’s the only thing that’s on my mind before I fall asleep and as soon as I wake up. “We should get some rest,” Owen said looking over at me.

Lizzy's POV
When I asked Florence if he was alright I could tell he was thinking about Hadley. His facial expression gave it all away. My guess is that he isn’t really good at keeping secrets and he’s been helping protect Hadley. I didn’t realize how many people wanted her under their control. Just to get some Jewel of Marnik and no one will tell us what it is. “Owen, tell me what the Jewel of Marnik is or I’ll be gone by morning and you won’t ever see me again,” I demanded.

“The Jewel of Marnik is the planet’s heart,” Owen started, “The jewel controls the planet and if you control the planet you’ll also control who lives and dies.’’

“That’s horrible,” I whispered, “But how is Hadley involved in it.”

“She’s connected to it and I’ve got to protect her,” Owen replied, “and now that you are back you can help protect her too if you want. But I know I already got one other person to help.”

He looked over at Florence who was asleep, but he fell asleep looking at Hadley. Hadley was petting Flana while looking off to space wondering about who knows what. “What did Aloisia want with Hadley earlier?” I asked.

“Hadley hid someone very dear to her a few years ago,” Owen replied.

“Who did she hid?’’ I asked.

Hadley's POV
By the next morning I was ready to mountain climb some more. I was so bored of sitting around and not doing anything. I needed movement. “Everybody up,” I yelled as I started tying ropes together so we could begin climbing more.

I started stretching and jumping. I was full of energy and I don’t know where it came from. “Hadley, your up early,” Owen said.

“Gotta wake up and live your day to the fullest,” I screamed.

“Okay,” Owen whispered.

When everybody was up we started to climb the mountain. “Your full of energy,” Lizzy said to me.

“We’re almost to the top,’’ Owen yelled down at us, “Just 30 more minutes.”

After about 30 minutes we made it to the top. From up here you could see everything. You could see the Great Lake, the Huge Forest, and even the Wide Mountain Range. Tears were starting to fill up my eyes. They were tears of joy. Now I’ve seen most of our planet just by climbing a mountain. A single mountain and I see most of the world. I finally quit bouncing just because of the view. “Whoa,” I mumbled looking at the view.”

“I’ve never seen anything like this before,” Florence mumbled, “It’s so beautiful.”

After Florence said that rocks slipped out from under my feet. I started sliding down the mountain. “HADLEY,’’ they all screamed as I went tumbling down the mountain.

Forest's  POV
When I saw the girl falling down the mountain, I knew that she was going to need saved. I don’t know if I will be able to get to her in time. Especially if she’s falling to Dead Man’s Jump. If you end up there you won’t survive. Then I heard people yell the name Hadley. If I was going to save her I better be quick.