Chapter Twenty: Gerdad's Revenge

Lizzy's POV
Hadley was frozen with a knife against Jacob's throat. He must have done something to make Hadley really mad for her to want to kill him. That's when I saw all the blood on the ground. I started running towards where Owen was standing. When I got there I asked, "What's going on?"

"Lizzy, go help Forest keep the others in line," Owen demanded, "Hurry they're starting to get curious."

I was about to do what Owen said when a loud scream came from behind us. I turned around to see the tribe running this way. I heard one person yell, "We're being attacked."

"Florence, how well do you feel?" Luke asked, "because we gotta get moving here soon. Before whatever it is gets here."

I looked over at him to see that he was completely etely healed. The stab wound was gone. I should've known it would be gone. The planet is always pretty keen on keeping him alive, but that's probably because Hadley has to kill him in order to get the planet's her. She would probably kill herself. Of course, the planet will heal her so she could return it's heart. Maybe it'll heal him. If I could convince Hadley that the planet or the star will heal him. Maybe, just maybe, she would kill him and save us all. Up that's when I saw Gerdad and the rest of his tribe running over the hill.

Florence's POV
My pain was completely gone in a matter of seconds. I know Hadley is suppose to kill me, but getting stabbed and healed it starts getting a little old. I really would like to have some of the scars I should've gotten. I could've survived the one I just got. The planet really needs to stop healing everything. I got up and walked over to Hadley and pulled her away from the boy. "I'm fine," I whispered into her ear, "I'm fine." She tried to fight back but couldn't so she dropped the knife. She turned around and looked at me. "We need to go now."

"Guys, Gerdad is coming," Lizzy yelled, "We might want to get going."

"Who's Gerdad?" the boy asked.

"Oh, only a person who wants to kill," Hadley replied, "Well that's been happening ever since I got out of his pit thing."

"The pit," I corrected.

"Well how come we don't fight him off then?" the boy asked. We all started laughing when he asked. He was a complete idiot for thinking we could fight off Gerdad and his tribe. "What?!?"

"Fighting off Gerdad would be a death wish," Luke replied, "He is literally able to kill the strongest people."

Luke probably was as afraid as I looked. We both have been executed by Gerdad and I don't think either of us wants executed twice. Hadley's face was full of fear along with Lizzy and Owen. The only person that wasn't even remotely afraid is Jacob, but do you know what I think. I think he's gonna get scared off as soon as Gerdad pulls out his blade. The thing is he never cleans the blade so all the blood from everyone else he's stabbed. "Get her!!!" Gerdad screamed running down the hill.

"There goes our chance to get away from," Hadley mumbled, "Lucky us."

"Guys, we can bet them," the boy motivated,  "We got this."

"What's your name anyways?" I asked.

"Jacob," he replied, "and I believe we will win this."

"Totally," Hadley said sarcastically, "We are totally gonna bet a whole tribe."

"You never know," Jacob answered, "I've got many strategies to win an out numbered fight."

Hadley's POV
I couldn't believe how optimistic Jacob was about winning this fight. I know though that he doesn't understand how Gerdad is. I bet no one does until you meet him. "Hurry up and get her," Gerdad yelled again.

"If we're gonna do this we better get started," I whispered.

We started getting weapons and stuff set up. Owen walked over to me and whispered, "You can go to the forest if you want? It would probably be easier to you, Hads."

"No I can stay and fight," I answered, " Just as long as I don't get and kill anyone. "

Gerdad's tribe was only a few feet away. A few of the boys broke off and came towards me. "Cam, go right I'll go left," one of them called.

They surrounded me and grabbed on to my arms. I tried to fight back but I could feel myself start to freeze up. "We got her, Gerdad," the other boy yelled.

They started pulling me towards Gerdad. Jacob must have saw because he yelled, "Let her go if you want to live."

"We'll die anyways if we do let her go," a boy yelled back.

They picked me up and started running towards Gerdad. When we got there Gerdad looked up at me and smiled. "I can finally get my revenge on you," he whispered into my ear while pulling out his blade.

I struggled even hard. I started screaming and crying. I finally know I need to kill Florence I need to do it soon so if I die others can live on. Along with the planet. I should be realized this sooner but I didn't. I wonder if it's because I'm in a life of death situation that caused me to understand. He put the blade up against my throat and I asked, "do you want the jewel? If so I can get it to you."

"Where is it?" He asked greedily, "Where is the jewel?"

"Well I have to do something to get the jewel and I can't do it while you are trying to kill me," I answered, "let me go do it an I'll give you the jewel afterwards."

"I don't think so," Gerdad replied cutting my throat .

Lizzy's POV
I looked up and saw Gerdad cut Hadley's throat. "NO!!!" I screamed falling or the ground.

Forest ran over and picked me up. He started pulling me towards the forest. "Hadley," I whispered, " she just died. We're all doomed. She won't be able to get the heart and save the planet. "

"She will you just got to trust us," Forest whispered, " just have to trust the planet most of all. "