Chapter 40: The Second Task (Part 2)

i suddenly have energy to copy things so yeah also new book gonna be out soon(probably today or in a minute so yeah)

                                                     ________________________________

Everyone watched, enthralled at what would happen to the Champions. Watching three things at once could disorient you, and it was very difficult to keep their eyes glued to just one projection, though Harry was actively trying to not watch Ginny's dream. Seeing himself being treated as a slave-butler mix of a person reminded him of his life at the Dursley's, and he didn't like the way Ginny was acting.

She was like Aunt Petunia in that regard, that he nearly forgot that it was Ginny there and not the Aunt that would call him names and degrade him just for living.

He focused on Aleron's dream and then Anna's. He wondered if the people in their dreams were important people. Aleron's girl was very pretty and Anna's guy is ruggedly handsome... Before he turned all twisted.

"Whoa, Blau's dream is intense..." Ron commented, his eyes wide as he watched.

"Tell me about it..." Hermione responded, and Harry could only nod. Anna's dream was very intense. He hoped she survived, before turning his attention to Ginny's dream. He was revolted at what she was doing to him--the Dream Harry.

It was too much, and he turned away from her dream, but not before noticing how with every word and action Ginny did, she became uglier and uglier.

Aleron blinked again as he tried to see his mate again. For some reason, it looked like as if she was... Phasing out..? His hackles rose, and he took a defensive position.

"Who are you?" he asked quietly.

"Aleron, don't you recognize me?" She asked sweetly.

"You are not my love," he declared dangerously, his usually calm blue eyes becoming feral and his pupils slit.

"But... I am...!" she insisted. "I'm yours! Your love, why... Why won't you believe me..?"

Her wide eyes was nearly his undoing, but he knew that if this wasn't the girl he fell in love with, he'd never recover from his humiliation.

Then he realized--the pearl warned him about this... Danger lurks in those that are pretty... and his mate is very pretty.

"What have I gotten myself into...?" he muttered to himself. "You are not my mate, and you never will be her!"

"Let's just see about that!" she screeched, and he knew now that that wasn't her. She'd never talk back to her Dominant, ever. She charged at him with blazing eyes and a cruel smile, and he expertly dodged to the side.

Forest noises, such as grasshopper songs and wind rustling the leaves were completely silenced. He kept dodging, jumping, turning away, but she just kept coming.

His hand snatched a vine and he lassoed it to her foot, pulling it to make her fall. And fall she did.

She screeched at him, furious that she couldn't get him with the vine on her leg--he'd cast unbreakable charms onto it and had tied it to a tree when he'd secured her.

"You won't get her!!!" she screeched, this time louder than before. "She's not yours but you are mine!"

"I am hers," he said sternly. "I am hers, and she is mine."

With that declaration, Aleron watched as his mate-impostor screeched loud enough to break his eardrums. But he stood there, still watching until she turned to dust.