12

Im sorry.."Haechan mumbled with his head drooped down.

"You....you dont....need to apologize...don't bring that up"I stuttered while speaking.

"I....i never got to apologize...." he chewed his bottom lip.

"Dont please dont..."

"Do you forgive me..."

"It wasn't really your fault"

~~~❦~~~

Can I ever forgive him...

My eyes were not drifting off to sleep today and Moon was not yet on my doorstep.

Car tires on the coarse asphalt.

Screams, screams and screams.

My eyes opened, opened wide, I saw the world spin around in front of my eyes. A few seconds would change my whole life, I waited for the car screens to turn into dust in front of me, I waited for the pieces to bleed me, my screeches so loud they were reaching the skies.

"EMBER!!!"

A teary voice would shout out once in a while amidst the blurry scenery in front of me. My eyes were closing shut from the horrible numbness enrobing my body, up through my legs, the knees, then my thighs and slowly the chest.

"Stop...." I tried to scream but no, everything was numb.

I had lost all sensation except for the warm blood smeared across my face and Haechan shouting my name into my ears.

"WAKE UP, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!!!"

I could never reply even if I wanted to, my chest seemed to collapse, I felt like my rib cage was slowly cracking and opening apart.

"Stop.."I would whisper to the pain, I could feel rods and what not piercing my body, plastering it to the broken car seat.

"Wake up!!!" 

~~~❦~~~

I gasped,"You don't need to apologize, it wasn't really your fault." I said.

"Thanks.....Em?"

"Yeah.."

"Let me help you catch up with the school work, if you have forgiven me..."He almost mumbled.

"When did you become so responsible?" I chuckled a little,"Remember, in middle school you asked me to bunk with you."

"Right..."his lips became a soft smile as he rubbed the back of his head
"remember our iconic ball game?" He said with sudden excitement.

"The fireball? Yeah, we used to sneak matches from our houses."

"Then the spider-man marathons?" His eyes sparked and he smiled as he said those words.

"to be honest, I kind of forgot those days..."

"Then you and your obsession with the forest near your house?"

"Yeah...right..."

"So am I welcome back in your life?"

"Of course, Of course you are."I smiled.

But can i ever forgive him?

"Hi..." The door of my room opened, Haechan with his reddish hair stood in front of me.

"Hey.."I sat up on my bed and he looked around my room,"God..."He sighed, are you playing a horror game or what? Its so damp in here, open the curtains..." He walked towards my window and pulled the curtains apart, the white rays falling right on my face, the shadow of the few leaves acting as some sort of shield.

The air of my room, seem to change, and I hated change, this was the place where I saw Moon, for the first time, this was the place where I escape from everything.

"Don't..."I almost yelled.

"Come on..."Haechan opened the curtains anyway opening the history text book in front of me.

"You dont draw on your books anymore?" I looked at his 'perfect' book.

Do i even know him anymore, is he the same person i knew?

"Nope..."He flipped the pages and opened the copy, dictating the notes to me.

~~~❦~~~

"IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU?" Screams, screams again. "THAT BOY RUINED OUR LIVES.."

"It was not his fault mom, the car accident cannot be his fault...he apologized too..."I yelled.

"Right, him apologizing will get us your legs back, you useless girl..."

"How could you?" I could feel my eyes stinging from the tears which seemed to crawl out of the socket.

"DO YOU REALIZE HOW BIG A BURDEN YOU HAVE BECOME?" Scream again, followed by breaking of glass, muttering of words which could be labelled under the category, 'The truth hurts'.

IT HURTS A LOT.

their words cut deeper than a knife...

so deep that they could strike a sensation on my numb legs.

"Stop..please stop...."

to be continued

to be continued.....