22

I woke up to frantic screams, a tear stained voice calling my name,"Em...please Em..."

I opened my eyes, blurry, and they overflowed with the tears. I saw hues of reddish pink, a face, a worried face.

I raised my hand, as if to hold the last part of my will to live, but I could not grasp it.

"EM! Em...Thank God...." the voice was familiar, way too familiar actually. It reminded me when he screamed in front of me, crying and shaking me.

During that accident....

"Hae..haechan?" I said slowly, my throat still in pain.

"I'm right here Em! I'm right here..." I tried to sit up, but I wasn't able to, and I collapsed soon.

I needed you, so, so much...
But did you come?

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, my limbs shivering, my floor stained with the sticky blood, my mouth almost sore.

"Forget about that? " he held my shoulder tightly, the way I grasp Moon when I'm scared he would walk away, just disappear, breaking my heart into pieces, his fingers shaking.

He held me so tight it was almost hurting, his eyes red and cheeks puffed up."Are you okay Em? "

I subtly smiled, reminiscing that gentle touch under the moonlight last night, I hope Jaemin came, I hope....

"Are you okay, Em?" He yelled, his voice reducing into tears and without replying I found my arms wrapping around him, my head on his chest, hearing his rapid heart-beat.

He pulled me closer, my shirt soaking his tears and his, lining with my blood,"I'm sorry....."

"Its not your fault, stupid...." is what I wanted to say but I kept my head on his chest, howling and grasping his shirt, a new pain striking on the left side of my jaw.

We sat for a little while like that, the warm sunlight streaming on us through the curtains, mingled with the cold wind, while we shivered in each others arm, trying to be strong for the sake of each other when we were both breaking down, guilt-stricken.

"Em..." He whispered, loosening up, and  his fingers caressed my face,"Lemme get something for you..." he said, and got up.

I nodded.

He searched my drawer, brought the bandage and gauze and sat down, sniffing and wiping his tears away.

He washed my wound with a wet cloth when I said,"Why did you come here?"

"I got worried...I thought you were mad at me..." He took the cotton to soak up the fresh blood,"then I thought your parents saw me with you and stuff, I got paranoid...so I came here..." He placed the bandage,"only to see you...." he gulped, unable to look at my eyes.

"Hey!" A single word jolted pain up my jaw,"Haechan-ah!"

He looked up, brushing his tears away.

I managed to smile and say,"so...do cavities hurt this much?" and raised my eyebrows.

He mumbled something like,"idiot..." then almost jumped on me, to hug me tight, his fingers pressed onto my head, playing with my hair.

"What..."Before I could have completed my sentence, he started laughing hysterically, his body shaking, "You are such an idiot Em!" then suddenly turned silent.

And in the glistening morning, when my room was decorated from the sunlight, which creeped into through the curtains, he whispered,"But this idiot will be there for you..."

>>to be continued

>>to be continued