27

| | | | |
| | | |❅
| | ❀ ❅
| ❅ ○ °
❅ |
○ ❅
°
°

Jaemin's P.O.V-

I fell in love....

In love with the girl, bright as the burning sun.

In love with a girl who did not need me.

It was late at night, when I first saw her. The whole house was empty, enveloped within darkness.

And I was there in the midst of it. My dull heart throbbing rhythms. I was in the forest, alone. I felt tears almost overflowing my eyes, I was afraid, stranded, I did not know anything, I was a puppet...

Then the gate opened wide.
And I saw her.

Glistening eyes, beautiful auburn hair like a burning flame. She looked right into my eyes, with those huge, mirror like ones of hers.

"Are you lost?" She asked, noticing the tears in my eyes.

I could not reply, I just stared at how beautiful, how lovely her eyes were.

"Come in, its dangerous out here...." She dragged me inside her house, the five year old she, her tiny fingers enveloping my small hands.

The day we first met, when she first experienced, grief, sorrow.
The day I heard about the ghost town, about her grandmother who was in the hospital.

She would go on with her stories, her words stumbling but her lips painted with a smile.
She was adorable.
She was my light, my everything.
My ember.

The day finally came, when her grandmother left her, she had cried all day. My heart broke watching her cry, when she was hurt.

"Our stars, Em..." I said, pointing at the dark ceiling.

"The plastic ones?" She would jump on her bed.

"No...the real ones Em...." I said and smiled.

"You are silly..." She would wrap her little arms around me.

"But you are my best friend, don't leave me okay?"

But I did...
She did, actually,

She forgot her grandmother, her grief, her insecurities, and me....

I wanted to see her smile, but I was only a fragment of her memories, the sad ones. I can never be with her, during her happy moments, as that's when she won't need me...

She found me in sad songs

I saw her grow up into a beautiful teenager. I was forgotten.

Our stars were replaced by her notes, her obsessions, her crushes.

I watched her from afar, coloring her friend's hair, running around with stray animals, sneaking cookies, bunking classes, laughing her days away, and she painted a smile on my lips too.

I would never get to laugh with her, so I would be her reason to smile, to be happy,

I watched the car tyres screech along the asphalt, her screams soaring the sky as she tried to fight with the pain, the numbness clutching her,

And again, she found me...

Now, when I came back again, she was different....

She was broken, she had lost her colors from her dreamy eyes, the flame of her hair. I wanted to hold her, never ever let her go.

Here I was, back with her despair, grief, her whirlpool of pain.

I fell in love with the girl...

The girl who will forget me, when she learns to smile....

I fell in love with the Embers which gave this Moon its light.

>>to be continued...