13

When I opened my eyes, my head was on something soft, my feet curled up, a cozy feeling embracing my skin. I looked around, the cold wind brushing past me, the stars still sparkling on the night sky.
I was sitting on the broken seat of the church, the violet and green lights dancing in symphony.

My cheeks were wet, probably from my endless tears. When I looked beside me, I realized, my head was on Moon's shoulder, his head drooped, his beautiful eyes closed.

I blushed as I pulled myself away from him, and the pink on my cheek started burning when I realized our fingers were interlocked.

I sat like that, wanting to feel his warmth more and when I looked up I met two beautiful, innocent eyes staring at me.

"Wah!" I almost jumped and he flinched and moved away.

"You scared me...."I mumbled slowly.

"Sorry.." He said in a tiny little voice, rubbing the back of his head.

"Its ok..."I smiled,"sorry I fell asleep.."I mumbled.

"You got the rest you needed right? "He smiled at me and then slowly got up and said,"Its almost 4:30, Let's take you to your house."

He extended his hands for me and I found my fingers encircling his wrist.

"Don't go..." I gulped. Though inaudible, I somehow mustered my courage to say those words.

"huh?"

"Don't go.....Jaemin.." I whispered.

I looked up, and I felt his arms around my body.

"I'm not going anywhere, Im always there with you..." his voice whispered, with soft breaths, as he placed his face on my shoulders.

"But you are....." my arms reached his back.

"No Em...I'm always there with you".

"Promise...." my voice cracked at the end and he brushed his fingers through my hair, with a gentle voice,"I PROMISE".

Promises are meant to be broken.

"Promises are meant to be broken....." Haechan said while sitting on top of my table.

"You are supposed to say Rules....Rules are meant to be broken" I said.

"You know what I meant...." He cocked his head.

"So a silly quote is your excuse for not returning my video games?" I crossed my arms around my chest.

He smiled at me, flashing his teeth mumbling,"Fine...I'll go home and search for them"

"Haechan..." I asked and he hummed.

"You still have the reddish hair." I pointed at him.

"Yeah..." He tried hiding his face and said,"I thought I lost you, so this was the only memory..."

"Me coloring your hair red?" I pointed and couldn't hold my laughter.

He blushed and said,"Excuse me! I can rock any hair color unlike you!" He exclaimed.

"Right...you colored my hair shocking pink, of course I had to change it..."I said and both of us were giggling away.

"My mom literally froze on the doorstep" He said and suddenly stopped laughing.

"Hey Em!" He got off the table when the school bell rang through our corridors.

"Come to my house today if you dont have any problem."

"Your house?"I asked.

"Yeah!" He smiled.

"But my parents....they may not.." I said when he replied,"We'll sneak out at night " he winked at me and walked back to his seat.

"Night may be an option...."