pg. 3 chapter 6

I noticed Berryfern was gone, must have gone to tell Spotstar, I thought. I headed out of the nursery, and sat down below the high-branch, knowing that Spotstar would come out at any moment.

Moments later, he came out and jumped onto the high-branch. "All gather around for a clan meeting.", Spotstar announced.

Creampaw sat beside me, and Branchpelt sat on the other side of me. "We are here to name four new apprentices.", he meowed.
   "Sandkit, Tankit, Wavekit, and Cloudkit. You have all reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior names, you will be known as Sandpaw, Tanpaw, Wavepaw, and Cloudpaw. Sandpaw, your mentor will be Hawktalon. Tanpaw, your mentor will be Bloodclaw. Wavepaw, your mentor will be Redscar. And Cloudpaw's mentor will be Robinclaw. I hope they will pass down all that they know on to
you."

"We are also here to name a new warrior. "I, Spotstar, leader of Natureclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn.", Spotstar started, signaling to a small black apprentice. It was Tinypaw.

       "Tinypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

     Tinypaw's tail was held high, "I do!"

      Spotstar nodded, "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Tinypaw, from this moment on you will be known as Tinyshadow. StarClan honors your stealth, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Natureclan."

   Tinyshadow smiled, and sat with the other warriors.

"There is another announcement to make," Spotstar said, before the crowd could break up, "three new kits have been born today. They are, Softkit, Twigkit, and Frostkit. However, their mother, Frostwhisker, has died. Duskblossem will take care of them until they are apprenticed.", Spotstar murmured, Duskblossem nodding in reply.

I went to congratulate Tinyshadow, and the new apprentices, but then Seeing Bloodclaw and Gravelpaw sitting near the flat rock. I headed over to talk to Bloodclaw.

    "Hey Oakpaw, how have
you been doing?", he asked, Gravelpaw shooting me an quick warning glance.

"Good, but I can't believe I'm on my fourth mentor...", I meowed.

  "You'll be fine. You, Gravelpaw, and Blazepaw should be warriors soon.", Bloodclaw purred.

"I hope so," I've never really thought about that. I turned and headed for the entrance to the camp. I wanted to get out of camp for a bit.