Chapter 8: Hush Little Baby

Delirious' POV

I locked the door and looked in the mirror, "He lied. I'm not beautiful." I said to myself. I picked up the towel that was on the floor still and grabbed my blade, using the towel to wipe off the dried blood. 

I took the blade and put it against my skin, tears kept rolling down my cheeks, I heard Evan banging on the door, "Delirious open up!" 1 cut. "Please just open the door!" 2 cuts. "Don't do anything stupid, please!" 4 cuts. "Delirious!" 7 cuts. "Johnathan, please. I love you." 

I stopped and looked at the door. Love? Is he joking or he is serious? 

"Johnathan, please open the door. I beg you."  

I looked at my arms, blood was dripping from my arm while tears were dripping from my face. I walked over to the door and opened it while having the blade in my hand, Evan was standing there looking at me. He scanned my body and instantly pulled me in a hug, I tired to push him away but my efforts didn't work. 

I started crying and sinking to the floor in his arms, Evan sat down and pulled me in his lap rocking back and forth trying to calm me down. 

I pulled away and he put his hands on my cheeks and wiped away the last of my tears, "Hush little baby, Don't you cry," He sang and took my bloodily arms, "Don't cut your arms, Don't say goodbye," He grabbed my hand with the blade, "Put down that razor, put down that knife," I opened my hands and he took it away and put it in his pocket, "It may be hard, but everything will be alright."  He smiled and kissed my cheek, I felt my heart skip a beat. 

"Behind my mask is a hurting heart. Behind my laugh I'm falling apart. Look closely at me and you will see, the guy I am.. isn't me." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him, my head on his chest, his head on mine. 

"I lay in bed, for hours in the dark at night, thinking about every possible thing I fucked up in my life." 

"Johnathan, I love you. Please don't do this ever again. You're not a fuck up, never that." 

"Evan.. I don't know if I can love yo-" He cut me off, "You don't have to. Just know someone loves you."

I felt my heart slowly fix itself. 

----

Short, I know.

Love you all ~ <3 Stay beautiful!