A Web of Lies, Trickery and Deception

Taka bolted out of the locker room, presumably to get everyone else. Soon all the surviving students were gathered, staring at Chihiro's corpse.

I was talking with her about computers...two days ago? And now she's dead. At least her death didn't mean nothing. No one will discover each others' secrets that way. What the hell, Ryousuke? You can't think like that!

"Damn...I couldn't keep her safe...!" Sakura clenched her fists in anger.

"So there's another victim..."

"Which means we are now in the same position once again."

"Fuck, man...What the fuck IS this?" Mondo yelled.

"It's a dream...This is a dream! It's all just a dream!"

I took the time to look at the corpse. It was suspended by some kind of rope. She, not it, I reminded myself. A message was written in blood on the wall. Bloodlust. The mark of Genocide Jack.

Doesn't Genocide Jack kill with scissors? That's what the police file said. They also only kill young males, and most likely have Disassociative Identity Disorder. Judging from the times of the killings, they're a student...My own assessment was that they were a female, judging by the victims.

Does Genocide Jack go to Hope's Peak? That's...really cool. Either way, I don't think Genocide Jack did this. A copycat killer? Maybe.

"I don't think this is any kind of dying message. It's just too...strange," Kyoko said, obviously referring to the message on the wall.

"But you know...that thing about writing 'bloodlust' in blood...doesn't it sound familiar" Taka asked.

"It's Genocide Jack's trademark," I said.

"Genocide Jack!" Hiro cried.

"Then this is...some kind of copycat killer trying to imitate Genocide Jack's style? But...why would anyone do that?" Hina asked.

But I thought the crucifixions weren't public information. I only know because I hack police files and solve cases when I get bored. But at the same time, there are lots of differences between this and Genocide Jack's killings. And anyone who can kill that many and not get caught is definitely not stupid. Given the motive, darkest secrets, I doubt Genocide Jack would make the killing look like they did it...

"Perhaps...it's the work of the real Genocide Jack," Byakuya suggested.

"The real...? Wait, are you saying Genocide Jack is here in the school?!"

"Th-There's no way...!"

"But going so far as to write 'bloodlust' at the scene...I am surprised at their stupidity..." Celeste said.

"I can't imagine a worse situation than dealing with a stupid murderer..." Sakura growled.

Stupid? That's not what I think. I think Genocide Jack is incredibly intelligent, at least when it comes to murder. Insane, but intelligent. A terrifying combination.

"Ah-!"

"What is it now?" Hifumi asked, panicking.

"Toko!" Hina pointed to the entrance of the girls' locker room.

"Ah...Ahh...? Nnnnno...Wh-Why...? Why...? W...h...y...? WHYYYYYYY?!?!" The Ultimate Writing Prodigy fell to the ground, unconscious.

"She fainted! That did NOT sound good!"

"T-Toko!" Hina rushed over to the collapsed Toko, trying to help her.

Other people made pointless comments. If Genocide Jack is in this school, then...I imagine the personality we came to know is quite unusual as well. And somewhat nervous-you would be if you knew that you shared your body with a serial killer. And they definitely know.