Sweet Pea (4)

After Izzy had left, he texted Magnus who arrived at his side so quickly you would think he appeared by magic.

"Is everything okay, darling?"

"No." Alec explained what was happening with Jace and all his worries. It was like he

was a waterfall, not stopping to take a breath. He just felt like he could tell Magnus anything. Magnus just stood and listened to him. Alec leaned against the hood of his car and leaned his face against Magnus's stomach.

    "I'm crazy right?"

    "No, Alexander. Look," Magnus cupped Alec's face and tilted it up to met his eyes "I can't tell you that if you tell Jace he's going to be accepting. I can't promise the same about your sister or your parents or your friends. What I can promise is that I'll be here. Next to you." Alec leaned back and put his hands in his pockets.

    "Maybe I'll do it next week after the big game. Maybe if we win, Jace will be in a happier mood."

    "Just think about it! You will be able to sleep over." Magnus winked at him and Alec snorted.

    "Will you come to the game next Friday?"

    "I would, darling! I would but next Friday is when I leave for Paris!" The school was having an art trip to Paris and because Magnus was taking a fashion course, he was allowed to go on it. "But you can still call me. If you do it after the game, you can call me and we can FaceTime."

    "What if it all goes horribly wrong?" Alec began to panic.

    "You can always go to my place. It's always open for you, Alexander."

    "Maybe I'll wait till you get back? How long are you gone for again?"

    "A week. You don't have to wait for me, you do it whenever it feels right to you. If it's after the game, so be it. If it's when I'm back, then I'm here." He touched Alec's face lightly. Alec sighed, as if a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders.

    "Okay," he nodded.

    "Okay?"

    "Yeah."

    "Good. I don't like seeing you cry, sweetpea."

    "Sweetpea?" Alec made a face of disapproval.

    "No?" Alec shook his head. "How about, love muffin?"

    "How are they getting worse?!" Alec laughed.

    "I think I'll stick to darling for now. But one day I will find the perfect nickname for you... honey?"

    "No."

    "Okay, I'll keep at it." Alec smiled. Magnus took a quick glance around them, before leaning down and giving Alec a kiss.

    "You text or call me if you need something." Magnus squeezed Alec's hand before walking back to the school.