I Love You (7)

Friday morning, the art students were leaving for their flight to Paris. They all arrived at 5:00am with their luggage, all looking disheveled and tired. The only exception was Magnus. He was dressed as he would everyday; his skinny black jean, with a "blink if you want me" t-shirt. He had a dark blue cardigan on and a matching blue scarf.

Alec had picked him up from his apartment at 4:15 that morning and it was a weird feeling. They both didn't know how to act during their "goodbye". Alec knew that they were going to see each other again, and he knew that they hadn't been with each other for long. They were acting as if they had been together for five years and one of them was never coming back. In actuality, they had only been together for almost three months and they would probably text each other every five minutes.

They were sitting in Alec's car, a few rows away from where the other kids were begin dropped off. Alec could see Catarina get out of someone's car, and waved to it as it pulled away.

"I'll be back in a week, darling." Magnus said for the sixth time, as he shifted in the passenger seat.

"I know, and I'll take care of Chairman while you're gone." Magnus smiled at him. Alec loved his smile.

"Thank you. I'll text you before we board and when we land." Alec reached for Magnus's hand across the consul.

"I love you," Alec finally said. He had tried to say it ever since Isabelle had pointed it out to him. He tried the other day at Magnus's house. He tried when they went for dinner but he was too nervous. He wasn't looking at Magnus, he was looking straight ahead. He could feel the other boy's eyes on him. After a moment of silence, Alec turned to look at his boyfriend. Magnus was looking at him with wide eyes. Before anyone could break the tension, Magnus's phone rang. He looked down at the caller ID.

"I have to take this." He answered the phone. "I'm coming Cat!-- No, I'm here-- I-- Fine, stop yelling at me--Cat--Cat." Magnus abruptly hung up the phone and looked up apologetically at Alec. "I have to go. Cat says that they're loading the buses and are waiting for me. Good luck tonight, Alec. I'm sure you'll do the team proud and if you do tell your family tonight... just remember I'm a phone call away." He leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Okay, yeah. Be safe. Have fun," Alec said quietly, as Magnus got out of the car and took his suitcase out. As he walked away towards the bus, he waved back at Alec. Alec gave him a half wave, before starting the car and going back home.

~***~

    "Alec, what's wrong?" Izzy asked, him when he got back home. He went to the coffee machine and began to make himself a cup. She was still half asleep, her hair tied into a high knot, which was drooping down and coming loose. She pressed the palm of her hands into her eyes and yawned.

    "Do you want some coffee?" She shook her head.

    "Stop avoiding the question. What happened?" Alec had told her he was dropping Magnus off for the trip this morning, and she was on his heels ever since he got back.

    "Why do you think something happened?" he asked, crossing his arms, and leaning against the counter. Isabelle was sitting at the kitchen island, swaying on the spinning bar stools.

    "I know you." She reached across the island for his phone. Alec lunged forward before she could grab it, but she had already swiped it.

    "Come on, Iz."

    "Nope. Tell me what happened, or I'll ask him myself," she threatened, holding up his phone.

    "Give it back." She hovered her finger over the phone screen and typed in his password. "How do you know my password?"

    "I told you, I know you. Now, telling me why you are acting depressed," she said, calmly. Alec sighed, running his hand through his hair.

    "I told him I loved him...but he didn't say it back." Isabella looked about as confused as Alec was.

    "What? But he definitely does."

    "I don't know anymore."

    "Maybe he was nervous--or scared?"

    "Why would he be nervous? He is the most confident person I know, what is there to be scare about? It's three little words!" Isabelle put his phone down.

    "Alec..." she said pitifully.

    "I don't want your pity. I'm okay. I just-- I'm going to go to the game tonight, and not worry about any of this and then we he gets back I'll talk to him."

    "Do you want me to--"

    "No! You have to stay out of this. Do you hear me, Iz? Stay out of my love life." He took his cup of coffee and left for his room, leaving Isabelle in the kitchen alone.