Chapter 2-Pastries and Pastels

Chapter 2- Pastries and Pastels

AP Calculus has already ended. A pink dyed haired girl approached me as I was putting my things in the bag.

"Hey. I'm Carla. ," she said.

I blink a couple of times before answering her.

"Hey.," I answered.

"You're new here right?" she asked

"Uh, is it that really obvious? Yeah I am." I answered as my face reddens in embarassment.

Thankfully, the bell rings and I dashed out of the classroom while leaving her behind.

She shouted, "You can join me on lunch at the cafeteria."

I walked without looking back. Cursing myself as I was on my way to my next class History. It was the first conversation that I have in the first day and I screwed it up.

The next class went smoothly and less disastrous as I expected it to be. Negative energy reeks out on me. I can't help it. I was born morbid and pessimistic. Apparently, it freaks people out even my parents. It's like I'm sending waves of bad luck to them.

Lunch bell rings. I also look forward to it. It is not the cliques that I look forward to but the pastries that they sell. Cakes, cookies, tarts and sweets are the things that are called heavenly on Earth. People always presume that I eat worms or disgusting stuff because of my eerie vibes but I don't. Who in the world is going to eat that stuff. Any sane person wouldn't.

I grab my tray and decided to look at the food. Croissants and other pastries are mouth watering. I was preoccupied in choosing that I didn't notice a man standing at my back.

"You're going to eat all of that?," he asked.

"Huh?", I was startled and in haste I nearly drop my tray.

Thankfully he manage to catch it before it reach the floor. Or it would have cause a ruckus and so much for my Plan A.

I thanked him and decided to find a table. All of a sudden, someone came to me the girl from my AP Calculus class. The pink haired one. What's her name again? Claire? Carmine?

She tap my shoulder and I snapped out of my thinking.

"My name is Carla.", she murmured.

"How did you know?", i asked.

"Know what?" she asked blankly

"Oh nothing.", i said in a monotone.

"I just guessed that you have forgotten my name that's all. C'mon lets go to the table.", she coaxed.

Carla lead me to the table where a bunch of freakish looking people hang-out. A guy with peicings at the face and has an orange hair. A girl chewing a bubblegum and has a tattoo all over her body. And a fat guy who is pretty normal except his wearing high heels and a lipstick. So now I'm the freak and weirdo that's going to hang-out with freaks too.

As I sit down, introductions were done. Actually I admit that I am having a good time. It seems that they have the same interests as I am well except for the pink guy.

As the conversation goes on, I glance at the table behind us. The guy who is at my back when I was choosing pastries. He is talking with his friends, fellow jocks and a few cheerleaders. I got to admit he is almost perfect in the physical aspect. His eyes are really blue and it sparkles everytime he laughs. Blonde, spiky hair and don't forget the well toned muscles added in his appeal.

No wonder those girls are too clingy on him. He turned around and flashed a grin on me which would probably melt the heart of a million girls. I flashed him a small smile unnoticed by the people.

Lunch has finally finish and I said goodbye to my acquaitances. I was really puzzled about him. Have I met him before? Are we friends or something? Cross out the second question. I don't have friends ever since I can remember. In fact I prefer to live in solitude and nice lonely darkness than be with people who are scared of me.

Next class is Biology. The thing I look forward is the disection of frogs. Creepy right? Downward creepy and horribly sick. Sometimes I blame that accident that happened to me years ago.

Anyway back to reality, I opened the door and swiftly went inside. I sat at the right and back portion of the seats. Feeling bored, I scanned at the room and there my eyes went big and wide.

He is there. Sitting. Alone.

2nd chapter finished.

Thank you for reading. :D