Chapter 10- Meet the parents

The door is unlock.

My parents are home.

I opened the door and take off my shoes. I heard a laughter in a living room. I take peek and saw Mom and Dad talking to each other.

Mom and Dad saw me and both smiled at me. I smiled weakly at them.

"I'm home Mom and Dad.", I said in a soft voice.

"Welcome home.", Mom replied. Dad only nodded in reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good relationship with my parents. I don't even discuss to them my problems. So basically, I kept my problems to myself.

I went to my bedroom and changed my clothes. I grabbed my book and I remembered what Johyson has done in our Biology class. It made my heart skip a beat when it happen. How come he would want to be with me and Beth as his groupmate?

I had a habit on seriously thinking other things, especially if it intrigues me. I am in the middle of thinking when Mom came into my door and knock. I opened my door and saw Mom in her dress.

"Do you want to come with us on dinner Honey?" she asked.

By the looks of Mom, I presumed it was a dinner date.

"No.", I replied. "Its a dinner date and I don't want to ruin it", I said to myself.

Not wanting to discuss this issue longer Mom sighed.

"Your father and I will get you something to eat then. Like a take-out or something.", she said.

"Okay." I replied flatly and closed the door.

"Seriously I don't even know why she is acting like that." she said while walking towards the stairs.

I can hear her. But it doesn't matter anyway, its my life not hers.

I fell asleep, forgetting what happen.

Once again, I was standing on the side of the road and on the other hand, the boy stands on the opposite ends. I ended up running after him. I am curious who he truly is. And again, a car bump me and I lost my conciousness.

I wake up panting and gasping like I am drowning.

"That stupid dream again.", I muttered.

I search for my alarm clock and found it nowwhere. Damn. I remember slamming it into the wall and broke into pieces.

I can't sleep already not with that stupid nightmare who keep on reappearing.

Luckily, my parents are still asleep I tiptoed going to the stairs in order for them not to wake up.

I opened the kitchen lights and grab myself a glass of milk and a cookie. I look into the ticking wall clock --2:45 am it says.

"Too early.", I said.

Damnit. I am cursing again, I hate it when I'm up early. I tend to fall asleep in class when I'm tired and it could spell trouble for me.

I watched the hand ticking slowly.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

My eyes are blurry. My head is getting heavier. I fall asleep.

I wasn't even asleep in an hour when someone shakes my shoulder.

Incoherent mumbles are the only things that I heard. And suddenly it become clearer.

"Wake up honey.", she said.

"5 more minutes", I grumbled.

"You're dad and I will be leaving again soon for a business trip in Japan. We'll be back after two months."

"Soon?" I repeated.

"Er. We'll be leaving today.", Mom replied to my query.

"Oh." I blinked.

I am already use of being alone in fact I really like it to be alone. The silence always comfort me.

I take a shower and selected a shirt and half pants. I tied my hair in a messy bun. I look plain as always.

After I step out my room, I saw their luggage already prepared. Mom and Dad are just waiting for me to come down.

They bid me goodbye and Mom kissed in me in my cheek. I smiled and said goodbye.

After a few minutes, I realize I am alone.

"I am alone", I smiled.

----End----

Chapter 10