Chapitre 31

Chapitre 31

The funeral of Johyson's parents lasted for two days. I stay by his side the whole time. I have met Kent Matthews, his uncle but haven't spoken to him except the time I greeted him.

Johyson told me to refrain to talk to his uncle, since he isn't the nicest person in the Earth. And by the look his giving to me, I guess Johyson is right.

Alex and almost the whole school came to express condolences to Johyson. I'm really happy that everyone tried to cheer him up. It is certainly a big funeral being held. Apart from us, the business partners and acquaintances also expressed their condolences.

At the day of the burial, Johyson cried as he finally saw his parents' casket being lowered in the hole. I comforted him and he seemed to calm down.

After the burial, I told Johyson that I will go home already to give him some time alone. He stopped me and asked me to stay with him the whole day. I answered him with a soft yes.

We sitted on a bench in the cementery and he lie on my lap while telling me stories about his parents. I stroke his hair and he is already at ease.

"You know, if they met you before they died, I bet they're going to love you.", he sighed.

"Why is that?", I asked curiously.

"You're amazing and completely different. You're beautiful and kind. Down to earth and simply lovely.", he answered while smiling.

"Yeah right Mr. Matthews. You really do know how to compliment a girl.", I said while blushing.

"No. Seriously. Will you be my girlfriend then?", he asked grinning widely.

"So that's your purpose in complimenting me? You actually thought I'd say yes. Well you're wrong.", I said flatly.

"Ohh. Let me propose again.", he said as he stand up and kneeled.

"Will you be my girlfriend sweet Alice?", he said while holding my hand.

"Really? You're proposing at the graveyard? In front of your parents' grave?", I glared at him.

"Yes. I thought it would be special if I do it in here.", he replied.

"And I always thought I'm the one who's creepy but I think you are one .", I muttered.

"I've been on this for two days already. I keep on thinking and thinking all over and I will never have regrets with you.", he said softly.

"Well, will you be my girlfriend?", he continued to asked.

I stared at him blankly and he kept on fidgeting. I keep a straight face but it didn't last long.

"Yes. I will be your girlfriend, dumbass.", I replied crying happily while hugging him.

"Ow. You even have to call me dumbass.", he said whining.

"Well you are one.", I teased.

"I am not.", he said while slipping something in my arm.

I look at my arm and see a gold bracelet with our initials. AJ. I stared at it for a few minutes and didn't say anything. Johyson frowned and asked me if I didn't like the bracelet.

"Of course I like it.", I said to him with tears on my eyes. This bracelet has already to much sentimental value on it.

"That's good then. I'm really worried that you don't like it.", he said smiling.

Johyson kissed me in the lips and I embraced him. After our kiss, we approach the grave of his parents and Johyson said something to them.

"Guess what Mom and Dad, I already have the girl that will be by my side forever.", he said grinning.