Part 5

Steve recruits you, Bucky, Dum Dum Dugan, Gabe Jones, Jim Morita, James Montgomery Falsworth, and Jacques Denver to attack other Hydra bases. This team was able to sabotage various Hydra operations. 

You and Bucky fought alongside and were the perfect team together. The team intercepted a signal that informed that Zola was on a train. On a snow-covered mountain, the Howling Commandos prepare to zip line onto the train, "remember when we made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked Steve, "yeah, and I threw up," Steve said looking at both of you, "in my defense, I was a victim of the ride too," you said raising your hands, "this isn't a payback is it?" Bucky said looking at Steve and what they have to do. "No way would I do that?" Steve said smirking, "we were right, Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatched gave him permission to open up the throttle wherever he's, they must need him bad" Gabe said, "we only got about the 10-second window. You miss that windows, we're bugs on a windshield" Steve said while you, Bucky, Gabe and him were getting ready. 

"Lady's first," Gabe said and you smiled in annoyance, "what a gentleman?" You said getting ready to be the first one to zip line onto the train. Watching Steve on a monitor fighting his way through the train Dr. Zola said, "stop him! Fire again!". While you and Bucky were watching the back of Steve and Gabe, you guys were left alone, "I'm so lucky" Bucky said making you turn, "we're in a war you know right?" You said and Bucky just grins at the comment you made. You grab Bucky's chin and pull him to kiss him, "guys we are on a mission," Steve said and you and Bucky smile. "Let's keep going," Bucky said and Steve, you and he continue to walk, but Steve went in the direction from you and Bucky. A trooper appears and you and Bucky fight him and he was defeating both of you and Steve came to help you guys out. 

Another trooper with a blaster appears and starts to shoot at the 3 of you, all of you were able to evade getting shot, until you were helping Steve up and didn't notice that the trooper was going to shoot at you from behind, "get down!"Steve scream and you look behind, "y/n!!" Bucky screams as he pushed you to the side, while he's been blasted through a hole and is now hanging outside the train. You stretch your hand as much as you were able to, to grab Bucky's hand. Tears and fear were filling yours and Bucky's eyes. "Y/n!!!" Bucky screams as he falls from the train to his death when you were about to fall from it to be able to reach his hand. "Bucky!!! No!!" You scream in agony for losing the love of your life in front of you without being able to do anything. You broke down and Steve hold you preventing you from falling from the train too.

Thanks to the information extracted from Dr.Zola, Steve was able to lead an attack to stop Schmidt. On the way to the attack, you couldn't stop the feeling of guilt, because you felt that it was your fault that Bucky die and you really didn't care anymore if you die today. You just stare blankly at the floor thinking about Bucky, "are you good y/n?" Steve said putting his arm around you and pulling you close, "yeah" you said not blinking or looking at him, " I miss him too, y/n" he said and tears started to roll down your cheek even when you were fighting them and he just wiped them. All the team got to the fight, you and Steve climbed aboard Schmidt's aircraft as it takes off. 

During the fight, the Tesseract's container gets damaged and before you or Steve could do something the Red Skull physically handles it and creates a wormhole in which he gets sucked into space, the Tesseract falls and gets lost into the ocean. You rushed to the controls, "how can we stop this?, this will explode" you asked Steve, "there's no option, just to crash it in the water" he said and you look at him, "I'll do it"you said, "no I'll do it" Steve said, "No Steve you have a reason to live and I don't, just grab a parachute and leave" you said looking at him. All you had in your mind was Bucky and you hear Steve walk away, then suddenly Steve put his hand on your shoulder, "we'll do it together, I don't want to lose two of my friends" he said and you grab his hand, "Let's do it" you said, he was able to communicate with Peggy and talk to her. "He'll be proud of you," Steve said, "he'll be proud of you too," you said and Steve grabbed your hand and soon after the aircraft was crashed in the Arctic.