Part 13

The process of recovery for Bucky has been hard in these past months. It hurts you to see how much damage they have caused him to the point that every night he has vivid nightmares. The first time it happened you got really scared because he tries to attack you until you were able to wake him up, but since that day he was afraid that he was going to harm you as he did before and even to complete the last mission he had that was to kill you. He never sleep at night, he just watches and took care of you. You try several times to convince him that it was unhealthy for him not to sleep and that he shouldn't worry 'cause he wasn't going to harm you, but he never listens to you in that matter. 

During the day was when he sleeps, because if you were awake you'll be able to defend yourself and escape. All the process that he had made was taken away since he started to have those nightmares, seeing that broke your heart, you wished that you could take everything bad that happened to him away so he could be happy. This been going on for months, until one morning while he was supposed to be sleeping, you took out the box that had all the memories from the 1940s and years before, inside there were pictures from Steve, Bucky and you as kids, movie tickets, things from the dates that Bucky and you had, the letters from during the war and the stuff that came with them. You were remembering everything like it was a movie, when suddenly you hear some footsteps, "hey..." Bucky said and you turn to see him, "hey, what's going on?" You asked him with concern looking at his tired eyes; you signal him to sit beside you, "I couldn't sleep, can I be with you here?" He asked, "of course, I was just going throughout some stuff," you said and he sat next to you. 

You started to show him the pictures and he smiled, you were extremely happy that he smiles so you gave him a peck on the lips, "I'm sorry" you said, because you thought it was way to fast for him but you couldn't contain it, "is okay i like it" he said and grabbed your hand, "do you want me to read them to you?" You asked him referring to the letters, "i would like you to" he said and he rested his head on your lap. You started to read to him and as you did you were stroking his hair. 

Slowly he started to fall asleep and you were giving out too, suddenly both of you were completely sleeping. You don't know how much time it has passed when you woke up in bed next to a sleeping Bucky , "hey Bucky" you said whispering and moving him and he just groan as he pulled you closer, "Bucky" you said again and he opened his eyes, "hey" he said calmly stretching, "how did i git here?" You asked him, "oh, i woke up at night , you were sleeping and I move you to the bed, but you didn't let go of my arm so I lay down next to you" he said seating up just like you, "Bucky don't you realize... We were on the same room and bed during the night and nothing happen, you didn't hurt me" you said in excitement and Bucky was still processing everything, until he looked at you, "I didn't hurt you?" He asked, "I'm fine, you didn't hurt me!" You said in excitement again and he pulled you with one arm to hid lap to hug you and give you a kiss. You were able to tell that he was really happy and you were too.