Chapter 29

"Amelia, you don't have to make a decision right now, take some time to think it over and-"

"You can stay here as long as you need to." I interrupted, shocking even myself with the words that spilled out of my mouth. It's as if I was completely lost in trace and somehow captured underneath his spell.

"Really?! Oh my God Amelia thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate this. I promise I won't be too annoying to live with." He chuckled as he pulled me in for a hug.

"It's the least I can do. I mean you are paying for this place." I chuckled.

"I know I'm going to need your help when Ava gets here." I said while I wrapped my arms around him. I felt his warm breath on my skin and I swear it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight.

What are you thinking Amy? How are you going to live with this man when you can barely control yourself now?

"You always smell so good." He whispered as he let go of me.

I swallowed hard and I hoped he didn't feel how loud my heartbeat was pulsating throughout my body when he was holding onto me.

"Thanks." I gave him a small smile.

"In that case, I'm going to order this ridiculously gigantic sofa bed." He said as he gave me a boyish grin, turning his attention back to the laptop. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah it's nice. Um Austin?"

"Yeah?" He said, his eyes still glued to the screen.

"What about your girlfriend? Have you talked to her about this? About staying here with me? Is she okay with that?" I nervously asked as the thought suddenly reentered my mind.

His eyes shifted towards me slowly as if he was trying to figure out what exactly to say.

"I don't have a girlfriend anymore. We um- we broke up." He said quietly before he averted his eyes back to the screen.

"Oh. Wow. Uh- I'm sorry to hear that." I replied as butterflies filled my stomach.

I knew I shouldn't feel relieved to hear those words come out of his mouth but I couldn't help it. I was honestly so happy to hear that things didn't work out between them, as bad as it sounds.

"Don't be. She wasn't exactly very accepting of Ava or me becoming a father. I figured it would get worse after the baby is born and I didn't want to deal with that shit. I don't want someone like that." He said.

"Well are you okay?" I asked, questioning the fact that he seemed unbothered by the break up.

"I'm good. I honestly don't think I was ever happy with her." He answered, his eyes boring into mine with a slight sadness behind them.

Was he trying to tell me something?

We were suddenly broken out of the intense gaze as we heard a loud knock on the door.

"Anyway, the pizza's here." He gave me a small smile as he got up from beside me to open the door.

I hadn't given much thought about Austin's girlfriend being in my daughter's life. But I knew the last thing I wanted to deal with was another woman being around my child. I was already jealous that she had Austin. I let out a long sigh suddenly feeling at ease that she was no longer something I had to worry about.

I heard him greet the pizza delivery guy and soon after I heard the door close.

"Are you ready for this?" Austin smirked as he walked towards the counter with the pizza box in his hands.