Autumn Leaves

Inspired by Ed Sheeran's song; Autumn Leaves.

-

Another day another life

Passes by just like mine

It's not complicated

Another mind

Another soul

Another body to grow old

It's not complicated

"Snow, has Autumn come back yet? Its been so long! I miss her so much" Her bestfriend, Spring, asked. I just shrugged. Honestly, I don't know if she's still coming home or whether she'll stay in Rome for good. If she's happy there, then who am I to take her joy away from her? I'm just a victim of a promise, a promise that I hope she'll fulfill. 

She's not mine for starters, she didn't even clarify if she feels the same for me. I'm just her childhood bestfriend, I am just a brotherly figure for her. So why do I tend to wait? Why am I waiting for her? Why am I wishing for her to come back? 

She promised she'll come home, she promised she'll be back for me. I held to her promise. I held it so close to my heart, so tight that every night I silently wish to the stars that one day, maybe someday she'll be back and I can hold her here in my arms again.

"Maybe she'll be back by next week or who knows, maybe tomorrow, Snow? You'll never know." Summer said while taking a sip from her iced tea.

"I don't know guys, I'm slowly getting tired of waiting for her. What if she'll never come back? What if she'll stay there for good? And what if she has already fallen in love with someone else who has been with her for 5 years now? Would she still feel the same for me? I guess not, she didn't exactly said she liked me. I'm tired. I'm messed up. I'll go ahead." They nodded as I quickly stood up and walked away.

I still didn't want to go home so I decided to take a walk, I fished my earphones in my pocket. I checked my messages to see if she had already replied. I accidentally glanced at my homescreen and it was a picture of us. I was hugging her from behind and she was whispering in my ear, smiling.

Those were the days when things weren't this complicated. Sometimes I hoped she stayed here, but I can't be selfish, she isn't mine. She's not mine. She had her priorities in life that she needed to attain  and I also have a life of my own. So yeah, I can't stop her from reaching her dreams. 

I remeber Autumn singing these lyrics to me, her angelic and sweet voice began to fill my ears again. I miss her voice, I miss her laugh, I miss her flaws, her clumsiness. I miss everything about her. It feels like you were here with me yesterday but that is just beyond impossible, you're miles away from me. I wish you'll come back Autumn. God knows how much I miss you.

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

And hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And you're miles away

And yesterday you were here with me

She's like an autumn leaf. She dances swiftly as the wind passes by. She falls so quickly. She always gets her heart broken. It had been shattered so many times, I cannot fathom how she can handle the pain. It is just ineveitable. She became an eccedensiast after every break up. I don't know if anybody noticed it, but I did. I saw it in her eyes. It was evident that she was hurting, so badly.