Blurred/"Everything's On Fire!"

It was April 20. By now, the rains that had poured on Tokyo had subsided. Four days had passed since Kousei's accident, and two since his left foot had been amputated. Kousei finally woke up after being sedated for a while. He couldn't quite remember the events prior to the collision; it was all vague to him. A male nurse came up to him and talked to him; Kousei was also bare-chested on the bed.

The nurse said, "Kousei? How are you doing?" Kousei said, in a somewhat pained tone of voice "What happened? All I can remember was I was walking home, it was sunny at first, then a driving rainstorm came, then a veering car ran over me, and everything went dark." 

Kousei then looked at himself. He noticed the stump on his left leg, where his now-missing left foot was; it had been amputated two days earlier. He looked in shock "What.... What!? Oh, jeez! My left foot! What happened to it?!" he said in a sort of panicked voice. "Mr. Arima.... your left foot was crushed by the oncoming vehicle. Tragically, due to the extreme severity of the injury, your left foot could not be saved. We had to surgically amputate it two days ago, I'm sorry to say." 

Kousei said "Oh, damn..... this sucks!" Kousei burst into tears after relazing his left foot was no more. He feared that he could never walk right again. "What... did I do to deserve this? I can't believe it..... my left foot, gone!" 

However, it was right then and there that the nurse reassured him. "Fortunately, my doctors have told me we can give you a prosthetic foot. You will need to stay with us for another day so you can get acclimated to it." Kousei then calmly, and as he immediately stopped shedding his tears, said "Oh, thank goodness.... not all is lost. Just when I thought things were lost, this will help me out.... my head.... it still feels tender..." 

Just then, the migraines, a side effect from that impact on his head, came in at full force. "Migraine.... MIGRAINE...... MIGRAINE!" The nurse game him a painkiller pill. "Oh, Mr. Arima, you also hit your head pretty hard on a lamppost. This is why you're having the migraines." Kousei calmed down for a bit. "I see. Everything around me..... has become all blurred..... I hope this will pass. By the way, what happened to my glasses?" Kousei had broken his glasses in the impact, and his vision was blurred. Thankfully, the nurse handed him his spare pair. He put them on "Oh, this is much better.... It's a good thing that I have a spare." The nurse added "Kousei, your glasses were broken on impact. However, your father was nice enough to find an extra pair, so we brought them to you."

Just then, Kousei's phone came on. It was Kaori. She asked him via text, Kousei.... You there? He replied Yes, Kaori. I'm fully awake now, but yet my head is tender. I hope to see you guys again soon! Kaori replied to his message: We hope to see you later today, I hope! Kousei let out a bit of a smile. "My friend.... She's out there, looking out for me." The nurse got out his music player, which had since been cleaned. It was still working. Kousei then decided, still feeling a bit bummed about his missing left foot, played a song that was sort of unusual to his classical musical trappings: The 1969 R&B song "Going in Circles" by the Friends of Distinction. He lip-synched along with the song as it played, as he looked out the window of the morning sky in Tokyo, somewhat wistfully.

A couple hours later, around noontime, three nurses, two male, one female, two of them giving a sponge bath (the male and female), and the third (the second male) applying some shaving cream on his face, with a shaving razor in hand, got to work on the dazed Kousei. The two attending nurses worked vigorously around Kousei, with the third one shaving his face, this so he doesn't cut his face, either accidentally or otherwise. 

Just as the third attending nurse finished shaving his face and wiped off the excess shaving cream on his face, could feel a burning sensation of skin irritation radiating around his body. It was as if his whole body had become engulfed in flames, which caused him to yell loudly in pain "OH, GOD, I'M ON FIRE!! EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE!!"

His consistent screaming of him saying his skin was on fire startled all three of the nurses working on him. The nurse that had worked on shaving his face told him "It is alright, Kousei, we're trying to help you." Somewhat dazed, Kousei said "Sorry.... Force of habit. Migraine.... Migraine...." The other people working around the hospital paid no heed to Kousei's earlier screams of pain, knowing that the building was not really on fire, and that Kousei, metaphorically speaking, felt like his whole body was on fire, and nothing more.