BONUS: His Lie in April - The Soundtrack

The following chapter contains songs heard in "His Lie in April".

1) Hikaru Nara by Goose House

The opening theme to Your Lie in April's original story and this one.

-----

2) Sailing by Christopher Cross

Heard on Kaori's clock radio in Chapter 5 (Shell-Shocked) as she wakes up.

-----

3) Shout by Tears for Fears

Heard on Kaori's clock radio in Chapter 7 (Another Day, Another Chance) as she wakes up.

-----

4) I Made it Through the Rain by Barry Manilow

Heard in Chapter 8 (Stand By Me, Kaori) as Kousei and Kaori jump off the Doryo Bridge.

-----

5) Going in Circles by The Friends of Distinction

Heard in Chapter 14 (Blurred/"Everything's On Fire!") when Kousei wonders if he will ever be okay again, in spite of his lost left foot.

-----

6) Friends Will Be Friends by Queen

This song is name-checked in Chapter 17 (The Power of Friendship).

-----

7) Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

Heard in the dream sequence in Chapter 27 (Two Sinking Hearts) as Kousei and Kaori play with her CFL ball.

-----

8) Is This Love by Whitesnake

Kousei plays a piano rendition of this song in a dream sequence in Chapter 30 (Mixed Emotions/I Can't Tell You Why) and the original recording is heard on Kaori's clock radio in the next chapter, Chapter 31 (An Uphill Battle/Kaori's Side of Things).

-----

9) I Can't Tell You Why by The Eagles

Also heard in Chapter 30, when Kousei is told not to appear in the Maihou competition, which also sees Kaori put up a strip of tape in her room marked WALK THIS WAY.

-----

10) Waste by Foster the People

Heard in Chapter 42 (Fading Away) when Kousei, before his operation, dreams about himself having fun with his friends.

-----

11) Crystal Ball (水晶球) by Miya Yamase

Heard in Chapter 44 (Desperate, Hopeless, Alone, and Unloved/Piano on the Beach) when Kousei, during his operation, has a dream of himself playing the piano on a beach with Kaori by his side. This is from the long-forgotten 1986 Super Mario Bros. animated movie Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!

-----

12) Empty Rooms by Gary Moore

Heard in Chapter 48 (The Most Tragic Day/Empty Rooms) as Kousei's friends mourn his death - the story uses the original 1983 recording.

-----

13) The Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler

Heard in Chapter 52 (The Wind Beneath Our Wings (II)) at Kousei's memorial concert.

-----

14) The Show Must Go On by Queen

Heard in Chapter 57 (The Show Must Go On) as Kaori and Keiko prepare for the Holiday Concert.

-----

15) Adieu, My Love (アデューマイラブ) by Chikako Ishikawa

This song is first heard in the dream sequence in Chapter 12 (Torn Up) as Kaori dreams of Kousei dancing in a ballroom together, and it also serves as the end credits song for this story. This is from the long-forgotten 1986 Super Mario Bros. animated movie Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!

-----

16) Adieu My Love ~Grand Theme: My Feelings~ by Toshiyuki Kimori

Also from the 1986 Super Mario Bros. animated movie Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!, this track is actually heard quite a bit, including in Chapter 56 ("Remember Me"/"We Can Heal Together") as Kaori realizes that taking her own life would have been a cowardly way for her to go out.