Silent Screams

I watch as my dad calls the number over and over again. He answers the question over and over: "Who is Louis' best friend?" I told my dad it was Harry, well didn't really tell him. Or else I would've called the number myself. I have a rare condition with my vocal cords, so I'm unable to make any sound from my voice box. It's a struggle sometimes but I always manage to pull through.

"Sweetheart, they won't let me enter anymore, so if you don't win, I'm sorry." Dad said, hugging me close. I kiss him on the cheek and tell him I'm going to my room, everyone close to me, like family or best friends learnt how to read lips for my benefit. It helped a lot, but at school, when someone started to nag at me, I had nothing to defend myself with. I sit on my green covered bed and stare at my walls, they were covered in One Direction posters. Yes, I'm eighteen and it's a little bit childish, but I love those boys so much. My computer made a bubble sound and I went to go check it. There was an email and I clicked on it immediately. It read:

"We have recently been notified that you have entered a competition to meet One Direction. We are sad to say this, but unfortunately, you haven't won."

I couldn't read the rest of the words, seeing as how my eyes were blurred by tears. I opened my mouth in a scream, straining everything for the sound to come out, the fact that it didn't made me even more upset. I pushed my stereo off my desk, sending it crashing to the floor, destroying it immediately. My dad burst in as I slid to the floor with my face in my hands.

"What happened? Are you alright?" he asks, his eyes scanning my body for any injuries. I shake my head and point to the computer, dad reads the email and hugs me.

"Shhh," he cooes, "there are other competitions to win." I smile because he's right, there's another chance, where there's a will, there's a way. The alarm beeps, meaning I have to head to school. I get into the bathroom, checking my brown curls. I grabbed my machine, if I held it to my throat and spoke, my voice would come out crackly, but you could at least understand what I was saying.

"B-ye D-ad." I say, the crackling making me sound like a mentally unstable robot. I grab my green Penny Board and roll out the door, it was currently summer, which meant the cool breeze was more or less warm instead of cool.