Trust

Kaitlyn's P.O.V

The boys stopped at a hotel, it was 5 stars, which is more than appropriate. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, making the rain on the ground dry up. I wasn't sure if I should tell the boys about my situation with Christian, I'm not sure I can trust them yet. Kellin skipped around everyone, extremely happy to be able to eat. I spot a small stall, in the car park, and headed over. It sold fruit and trinkets. I observed the fruit, but found nothing of interest. The trinkets were shiny, but worth nothing. I found a necklace, with a bronze elephant as the pendant.

"Can I take this please?" I asked, holding the small necklace up. The Asian Guy at the stall nodded, I handed him the appropriate amount of money, and put the necklace on.

"Kaitlyn! We thought we lost you. I panicked for a little bit." The brunette boy, Niall, I think, dashed up to me, his face relieved. I smiled.

"No, I'm fine." I told him. Niall shrugged, he was wearing a loose tank top and chinos. It showed off his body well.

"Do you want to go somewhere? Or do you just want to stay in the hotel room?" Niall asked, was he asking me out on a date? Nah, he just wanted to take me somewhere that's all.

"Sure." I agreed.

Niall and I walked over a bridge, it was cute, and it made me feel like we were in Asia, there were cherry blossoms everywhere and there was a small lake underneath the bridge. I had no idea where we were, but I enjoyed spending time with him.

"So, what made you help me, when I was in the rain?" I asked, sitting down on a small red bench by the lake. Niall sat next to me and leaned forward on his elbows.

"You were so helpless, and you had Kellin so..." Niall lied.

"You're lying." I pointed out, Niall's eyes widened.

"Wh-what? How did you know?" He questioned. I twist my hair around my hand.

"Your eyes, they flash when you lie." I answered, shrugging. Niall nodded, his mouth slightly gaping open.

"Why were you out in the rain anyway?" Niall picked a cherry blossom off the tree, and it immediately fell apart.

"I got kicked out." I lied. Niall smirked.

"You're lying." He chuckled.

"How'd you know?" I asked him. He winked.

"The eyes." He told me. "So are you going to tell me? Or not?" I thought over his question, I should tell him, he's been nice enough to spend time with me, which is kind, despite the fact I had apparently forgotten him.

"My husband slapped me, well, I guess he's my ex now, but I haven't divorced him and-and" I choked up, remembering how Christian threatened to kill me. Niall immediately wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his lap.

"You don't have to tell me." Niall soothed, rubbing small circles in my back. I shook my head.

"No, I'm telling you." I forced out, trying to forget the tears. "Christian said, that if I took Kellin with me while I left, he'd kill me. So now he's searching for me. Niall I've made such a mess of things and I'm scared." I admitted. Niall stopped rubbing my back and I felt him tense. I pulled away and sat back down on my own, terrified of what could happen after the tensing. Niall took a few deep breaths before he finally relaxed.

"There's no need to be scared, you have me-I mean us, to protect you." Niall said, fumbling over his words. I nodded and rubbed my hands on my arms to warm myself up.

"And I appreciate that, I really do." I whispered.

The sun started to set and Niall and I were still on the bench, talking about problems and reassuring each other things were going to be alright. Niall looked up at the now orange sky.

"Come on, the others are probably wondering where we are." Niall reached a hand out to me, which I immediately took, he pulled me up with too much force and I fell against him. My face went beet red as I dusted my clothes off and released his hand. I turned to walk towards the hotel. I heard Niall's footsteps beside me and I looked at him.

"Sorry for being in such a rush, but I'm feeling a bit woozy, and I'd like to get back as soon as possible." I lied, turning my head back down as I spoke, so he wouldn't see my lie in my eyes. Niall grabbed my hand and I let my hand relax in his.

"That's not a good enough reason for you not to hold my hand." Niall explained. I laughed and picked up the pace as the sun slowly started to disappear. Despite being with Niall, night seemed scary, knowing that Christian could grab me and kill me as soon as I was alone.