Chapter(5)I'm okay. Promise

Song: no matter what
By: Jordan Cruitz
Not my song it's from Google

"You got to talk to me or someone about it." He says to me I nod. "Okay, then I'll talk to you and just you about it later," I said he nods in agreement and we join in on the conversation.

We spend the rest of the day watching movies and having fun.

Lewis's POV (aka Lew)
We watched Disney movies the entire day and ate triple cheese pizza with stuffed crust because we aren't animals and drank different kinds of pop for lunch. Now we just finished supper and Mark is leading me away from the group into our room. He shuts the door and I sit down on the bed. He comes over and awkwardly hugs me tight. It was only awkward though because I'm sitting down, and he is standing up. "Hey, I think we need to talk about earlier today... you kind of zoned out and looked sad, so slightly stupid question, that yes I know that you absolutely hate. Are you okay?" Mark asks me.

I nod, "I am okay I haven't had a nightmare or anything, just I had a flashback because Liza was telling me about her girlfriend Reese that had died and it brought up some feelings," I tell him, that was the complete and honest truth. I am okay now. Yeah, I'm okay right now, but in the next hour, I probably won't be. I'll probably be sobbing on the bathroom floor rocking back and forth with my head in between my knees because my brain is freaking out and doesn't know how to handle it. And truthfully neither do I.

"Oh god Lew I'm sorry, have you been taking your pills?"  Mark asks me. I shake my head no avoiding his eyes because he'll probably be mad. he sighs deeply. Probably in frustration, he had to practically force those pills down my throat a couple of times a few years ago because I didn't want to take them. He goes over to the bedside table and pulls out a bottle of PTSD medicine that I normally don't take now. I'm better than what I was so I stopped taking them. But I never told Mark that, whoops. I may or may not have done that on purpose, I knew he'd be mad if I told him that I wasn't taking my pills.

He hands me two tiny blue pills and a bottle of water.  "Thanks, Mark but I'm okay, seriously,"  I say, slightly protesting, I take the two pills and the water from his hands and put them on the bed, beside me. I hold both of his hands with mine and my thumb rubs his ring finger that has the silver infinity ring, that we had especially made. He sighs again. Mines identical to his just a tiny bit smaller because he has man hands and I have tiny baby hands.

"I worry about you, Love, I don't want you to be hurt. I hate it when your sad, that's why I threw out all sad movies that I owned before you moved in, I love your cooking, your humour, and every other single thing about you. Now please, to humour me will you take the pills? And keep taking them? Remember when I had to force you to take them? I'll do it again hon, I love you. You mean the world to me and I don't want you to get hurt or hurt yourself." He says picking up the water bottle and pills off the bed. He hands me them and I take the pills dry, without the water.

He hands me the water as well after he opened it and the look in his eyes are daring me not to take the water. I go to get up from the bed and gently push away the water, but Mark wasn't having any of that and forced me to sit the hell back down. So I did, to avoid another disagreement. I drank about one-fourth of the water from the disposable bottle, Mark was satisfied and took the water back to our bedside table. He kisses me on the lips gently and says "thank you, Lew, for humouring me"

I really do love this man. I couldn't imagine life without him, he makes me happy and all the bad things that I've gone through were worth it. Because I had Mark there at the end of all those bad things. He has helped me so much, and I like to think that I've helped him through a lot too. I helped him raise his younger brother, stuck up for him. I made meals when he was too tired too, I cooked and cleaned when he was tired, took care of him when he was sick. All of that, through thick and thin.