Twenty Seven

Daehyun yawned when he entered the kitchen the next morning. He had slept well but still he had to get up early, since his parents were at work and Kanji needed his morning-walk. 

He had breakfast, then checked if there was anything to eat for lunch. He found a pot of soup in the fridge and wondered why his mother had not left him a message that there was soup for him to eat, but he just shrugged it off. She must have forgotten it. 

Daehyun got his phone from his room and texted Junhong. 

Daehyun  

Hey Junnie, wanna come over for lunch today? 

Junhong 
Sure, I'm too lazy to cook rn. 

Daehyun

Lol, I knew that. Be at the corner in 20 minutes. 

Daehyun went to the hallway. He didn't even have to call for Kanji, the puppy came running as soon as he took the leash from the wardrobe. Twenty minutes later, he met Junhong at their usual spot. 

"How's your ass?" He joked when they started making their way home. 

"Better" Junhong said, then sighed. "I miss him..." 

"I can imagine. Busan is quite far away tho... I don't think I could manage a distance like that in a relationship..." 

"I hope I can do it" the boy mumbled, "But he said he wants to come to Seoul to study this summer! That means I can be with him all day~" 

"That's cute" Daehyun grinned. "Do you text?" 

"Actually, I was on the phone with him all night. I didn't sleep at all, but that was worth it." He smiled, remembering the long, deep talk from last night. 

Daehyun noticed how happy his friend looked and felt really relieved. "Aw, that's so sweet... I'm really happy for you that you found the person who makes you feel good." 

"Thank you~ I wonder when you will fond that person for yourself, though. I'm getting worried you'll end up alone in  house full of cats." 

"Wrong. It will be dogs." Daehyun laughed. "For real, don't worry about me, Junnie. I just didn't find someone yet. Also, I'm not even in the need of a relationship at the moment." 

"What are you even interested in? You never speak about your sexuality or anything... Are you gay as well? Don't tell me you don't know, you're eighteen years old." 

The blonde sighed. "Junnie, why is it so important to know what my sexuality is called? I don't know what exactly I'm into, I don't really care what my partner's gender is. The most important thing is that I feel right with them. Also, you always act like I've never been in a relationship." 

"Yeah, because you never were." 

"Wrong. Remember two years ago? I had a four-month relationship with Mina, the girl I met at that horrible concert." 

"Oh, right! Damn, that's so long ago... I didn't consider this a serious relationship, because you never met and you didn't seem very sad after the breakup." 

"Yeah, the whole thing was kind of strange, and when she started stalking me because I didn't have time to meet, I decided it would be better to end this." 

"Yeah, right, I remember now... I hope I don't end up being stalked by Yongguk..." 

Daehyun laughed. "Why do I feel like it would be the other way around?" 

Meanwhile, they had arrived at Daehyun's house. In the kitchen, he warmed up the soup from the fridge. 

"It smells a bit strange, but that's probably normal. This is the first time mom made this soup, I think."