Chapter 14

So where did we go?

He brought me to an amusement park. How very creative.

“I don’t like this place.”  I wailed at him. Normal grown-ups like us aren’t supposed to go in that place.  I mean, it’s so horrid to see two teenagers, one holding a bouquet of red roses with a white rose in her pocket, and the other smiling broadly, in an amusement park looking at empty space.

“Me too.”

I stopped. “Then why are we here?”

He smiled at me. “Because we’re here.”  Talk about an abnormal human being.

“Let’s go some ---.”

“Look Jendeuk!”  He pointed the roller coaster. ARGH, talk about heights and speed. “The roller coaster is calling US!”  Calling? Can someone please call an ambulance, there’s a crazy person out here!

“Shut up.” I quickly said.

“C’mon. It will be fun.” He shook my arm lightly. “We’re gonna shout our lungs out!”

“It will be terrible. I’ve never ridden anything like that in my whole life.” I said as I pouted my lips.

“That’s exactly the point. C’mon!” Instead of waiting for my answer, he grabbed my wrist and ran, pulling me with him. My feet had no choice but to follow him.

***

Jisoo and I walked side by side as we walked out of the amusement park. We spent almost five hours inside, enjoying the rides. We gladly ate popcorns on our way out.

“You enjoyed right?” He looked at me. “I could still remember how you looked like after riding the roller coaster.” He laughed.

I couldn’t deny what he said. I didn’t know it would be exciting. “YEAH. It was sooo fun.”  I smiled at him.

He poked my cheek. My face suddenly changed, I never liked people poking my cheeks. “Why did you do that?”

“You are cute.” Jisoo said.

“You don’t have to do that to tell me I’m cute.”  I annoyingly told hi—HOLD ON. He said I’m cute? “What did you say?”

He rolled his eyes like a girl. “Nothing. C’mon, let’s go somewhere. It’s still early. Besides, we don’t have home works.” I looked at my watch, it was 5 PM.

“So where are we going?”

“Dunno.”  We walked on.

No, no, no, no don’t funk with my heart!

“Is that your phone?”

I sheepishly smiled. “Yeah, hold on. I’ll just answer this.”  I moved meters away.

“Mino?”

“Hi, I just want to bid goodbye. I’ll be out for months for the football tournament.”  He said so fast.

‘Oh’ was all I could say. “I’m going to miss you Jennie. I—I—“ 

“Mino! We’re called! C’mon dude, say bye bye to mama.” I heard a guy’s voice from the other line.

“Shut up.”  My eyes widened. “I mean, not you Jennie. Uhm, I’ll email you. Take care, bye”

That was pretty odd. He didn't even give me a chance to speak.

When I put my phone down, I heard Jisoo talking to a guy. Oh-so bad Jennie, eavesdropping.

“Jisoo, they phone’ ma this mornin’. They really wanna back this time.”

“Yea I know. But they’re not desperate enough to fetch me here.”  He smirked.

The guy hit Jisoo on his stomach. “OW”

I moved to them. “Ya crazy, man. That’s why they like ya best!” The guy looked at me. “Ya girl friend?”

Jisoo looked at me as if waiting for an answer. “I tutor her.”

The guy’s eyes widened. “Tutor what?” He gave a devilish smile.

Jisoo pushed him away. “I teach her lessons in school. Go away Lisa!”

The guy laughed. “By the way I’m Lisa, Jisoo's long lost friend.” He stretched his hand to me.

“Yea, I’m Jennie.” I didn’t shake his hand.

“I’m goin’ Jisoo. I need to catch the train. Think 'bout what I told ya.” Jisoo nodded.

Jisoo and I decided to just go home. We passed by a TV shop and saw the commercial of the Football tournament.

“Mino will be there. He’s the star player of their team.”  I said.

“I see” He simply said.

“Let’s watch the tournament Jisoo.”

“You’re asking me?” He stared at me.

“Yeah?”

“Oh right. We’ll see him there then.”

“What were you two talking about a while ago?” I was so eager to ask about what Lisa and him were talking about. A group wanted Jisoo back to them and they even called the Lisa guy to ask Jisoo.

"Lisa and I?” He looked at me confused.

“Yea.”

“Oh, it’s nothing.” He quickly said.

“It’s something you mustn’t know at this time...”   He smiled broadly. 8)

(Surprise! Lisa is also a guy here like Jisoo😊 I wonder how handsome they'll look like if this was true🤔)