Chapter 10

Dean exits the car in an attempt to chase after Castiel. His eyes widen as he watches Castiel disappear, and calls out to him, his voice going hoarse. Dean starts for the opening in the ground and suddenly stops as he nears it, hearing an eruption below the damp earth's surface. Dean drops to his knees. "No, no, no..." Dean whispers to himself, taking a few ragged breaths in an attempt to pull himself together. He stands up quickly and sprints back to the Impala, retrieving a machete and syringe of dead man's blood before making his way over to the entrance.

Rolling over, Castiel groans, his coat disintegrated, shirt ripped, and ears bleeding. The wall he flew through, absolutely destroyed. He stands and looks around the room. There are, what appears to be, prison cells and a shocked Sam standing in one of them. Castiel slowly makes his way over as his body painfully repairs itself. "It's good to see you, Sam," Castiel mumbles.

"Jesus, Cas, what the hell was that?" Sam says, still stunned. "How are you still standing?" He takes a visual inventory of the angel, a worried look plastered to his brow. Sam shakes his head, "I guess that's just what you do, isn't it?" Sam smiles at the man. "Care to help me out of here?"

Castiel gets closer to the cage, checking carefully for traps this time. Gripping the bars, he rips the door off the frame, tossing it clear across the room. "Dean is above, and we need to get out of here before the vampires arrive," Castiel takes Sam's arm, pulling him quickly to the blasted hole in the wall and starts taking the steps, Sam walking in front of him.

Dean reaches the hole and begins quickly down the stairs, machete at the ready. His eyes dart around, attempting to adjust to the dimness. "Cas!? Sam!?" He calls before seeing the aftermath after the explosion he had heard as his calls for the men become more erratic, panic in his voice. His eyes widen as he sees Sam with Castiel behind him. Dean looks between the two men, taking in their appearance. He swallows hard while looking at Castiel's tattered shirt. "What happened?" Dean asks quickly, his eyes with fear and concern.

"I was careless and tripped an explosion. Luckily, Sam was not hurt, and it helped me find him rather quickly. Now, we need to leave before the vampires are alerted, and we have to fight," Castiel stumbles against the wall momentarily.

"You two have some explaining to do when we get back. What the hell happened? You know what, I'll ask after we get out of here. I don't have any weapons, and I don't feel like taking on an Alpha vamp," Sam pushes past his brother, surfacing topside. He starts walking over to the Impala, leaving the two men behind.

Dean watches Sam breach the ground and relaxes slightly before looking back to Castiel as he feels concern wash over him again as his eyes scan over Castiel's body. "What the fuck were you thinking?" Dean snaps at the angel as his eyes narrow.

"I thought I needed to get Sam back. Now, we need to leave. I can feel something nearby, Dean," Castiel starts up the stairs again, pushing Dean in front of him. "Let's not argue here. We can go back to the motel room if you want to yell at me," Castiel mumbles.

Dean opens his mouth to argue more before he starts up the stairs quickly and begins making his way across the field to the Impala. He looks up, seeing Sam already sitting in the car as he walks by and opens the trunk depositing the machete and syringe.

Castiel follows closely behind Dean, scanning the area for signs of the vampire. Grateful that none are in sight, he watches Dean deposit the weapons in the trunk, still staying by the man's side. He doesn't speak as to focus his concentration.

Dean slams down the trunk and walks by Castiel, brushing up against him before opening the driver's door and slides in without another word. His mind flooded with possible questions that Sam might have when they return to the motel as he starts the Impala.