CHAPTER 6: JIMIN

I saw joons' friends laughed at something he said while he was smiling at me. Are they making fun of me? This sucks. I gathered all my courage to add him on social media and talk to him as well as smile to him today and this is all I get?

Feeling embarrassed and sad, I sat and tied my shoe lace. I heard heavy steps coming down the stairs behind me. Until I felt someone tap me on my right shoulders. I looked up and saw a smiling joon and he sat behind me. I felt my cheeks blush. "Hey. I noticed the change in your expression when me and my friends laughed. I kinda guess you thought we're making fun of you right?" He honestly said. "I guess?" I replied while I look at my shoe lace. He suddenly holds my right knee and lightly squeezed it. "I'm sorry. It's not what you think." He said while looking straight into my eyes. "No worries joon. I'm glad you approached me" he removed his hands on my knees. "Of course I would kiddo. First, I saw the change with your expression when we laughed. And second, we must level up from being social media friends to real friends right?" I smiled at his last statement. "That would be great joon" I said with a bright smile. "Go have your practice. I'll just go back with my friends. We got a lot of catching up to do. I just arrived last week from a business trip with my family and just got to saw them last night. So you know, we kinda missed each other" he said. And I just nodded. "See you later then?" I asked "see you always" he winked, got up and sprinted upwards towards his friends. Wow. Those legs. The sight of him makes me feel giddy and excited. I want to know him more. I know I'm straight. But ever since I saw him on my very first day of school, god I'm in awe. I want to see him everyday. And to which I did, i make sure even for a second of everyday I get a glimpse of him. His walk, the way he talks, the way he laugh and smile. I'm straight but I'm so gay for this man. If I would have my next relationship, I wish it would be him. I want it to be him. I hope to see him in my dreams every night. When I'm stressed, I do sleep walk at home. Around my second year in college,at times I found myself starring out the window seeing joon outside my house, in his car looking straight at me smiling. I just stare at him because the sight of him makes me happy. The next thing I know, it's already morning and I'm on my chair in front of my study table. That's why I don't know if it's true or not. But I really don't care as long as I see him smiling at me even just for awhile. Even it's just in my dreams or not.

After our track and field practice,we rested for a bit and got someone to massage our feet. Immediately after, I went to the athlete's locker room to change into my uniform and get ready for class.

As I exited the room I saw joon waiting at the end of the corridor sitting on the bench in front of the vending machine holding a bottle of blue Gatorade. He looked my way. He saw me and smiled and gestured for me to come over. I ran as fast as I can and sat on the bench while accidentally bumping his side. "Oops I'm sorry!" I said and scratched the back of my neck. "That's okay" and handed my the Gatorade. I stared at the Gatorade for seconds. "It's for you dumbass! Take it!" He smiled and took my left hand and placed the Gatorade in it. "Well thanks. That's so nice of you. You didn't have to give me this" I said shyly. "That's okay. I'll be having my class in 2o minutes. Thought you're tired and should give you this" he smiled. Oh that smile. I think I'm melting just seeing it. "I really should get going, my building is a bit far from here" he stood up and was about to run but I don't know what happened but I suddenly gripped his left hand. He turned around and looked at our hands. " oh I'm sorry it's just that. M-m-maybe you want to go eat with me after class?" I saw confusion on his face. "My friends told me to try this new samgyeupsal place but I have no time to go out. And I think I want to eat there later but I have no one to c..." i was cut off with what I'm saying when I felt joon gripped my hands tighter "of course I would. Thank you for inviting me. My class ends by 5pm is that okay with you?" He said in a serious tone. There's something in his voice right now. Like he's also waiting for this day. "Mine ends by 6pm?. If you got bored waiting it's okay. We could eat some other day." I said to him. "No! I'll wait. I'll probably wait.catch you later kid" he winked and ran away.  Before I knew it, I fell on the bench. What did I just do? I never knew I have that courage. I just somehow asked him out! I have no regrets. This is his last year. Whatever happens, he will not graduate from this school not knowing my true feelings. Come what may! I already started this. Might as well get somewhere. He is worth a shot.