7. The Proposal - Part 1

I pushed my hair back and concentrated on my work. It was 8 o'clock of night and I was still stuck here, in the hospital. My mind and body both were screaming for a brake but I couldn't do anything.
"Thank you Dr. Sen.", The 40 years old lady said with a smile. I smiled back and said, "Don't forget to take all the medicine and healthy foods."

She nodded and left. She was my last patient. But I had to check some reports now. Goddamn!
I just opened the file when my phone rang. I looked at the phone screen, 'Darsh 💙'

A smile automatically came on my face. I swiped the receive button and put the phone on loudspeaker.

"Hallo sunshine.", His happy voice came from the other said.

"Hey.", I replied in a tired voice.

"Still stuck with your work?", He asked.

"Yah!", I leaned my back to the chair. He was the only person who can make my mood super high from super low at any time and anywhere.

"Your shift was toh over, then why you're still working?", He asked again.

"Because my work loves me so much that it doesn't want to leave me at anytime, just like you.", I told and he chuckled.

"Well that's true. I'm not gonna leave you ever and ever.", He said letting out a deep breath.

"I know, Mr. Raval. And I don't want you to leave me either.", I said with a smile.

"Ok now close the files and say goodbye to your work for today.", He said.

"How do you know I'm working on some files?", I narrowed my eyes.

"Because I've my eyes on you always Ms. Sen.", I could feel his smile on the other side.

"So you sent some spy here?", I asked again.

"No I'm enough for you. Now close the file and get up.", He said like a baby.

"Okey Okey.", I got up, closed the files, took by bag and picked the phone up.

"Done.", I off the loudspeaker and said while opening the door of my cabin.

"Now you say...", I stopped because I saw someone standing in front of by cabin, plastering a big smile.

"Hey!", Darshan hung up the phone.

"Darshan!!!", I couldn't even realized that I screamed so loudly that everyone on that floor looked at us.

I uttered a sorry and jumped on him.

"I missed you so much Sam.", He rubbed his nose on my neck.

"I missed you too.", I said back.
Placing a soft kiss on my neck he broke the hug.

"Are you happy?", He asked.

"Of course. We're meeting after 3 long months, of course I'm happy.", He pulled me closer by my hand. We're standing very closely.

"Darshan leave me. I've a reputation here. Please don't destroy that.", I said.

"I'm increasing your reputation madam.", He smirked.

"How? By doing romance with me in front of everyone?"

"Yes. Let everyone know you're Darshan Raval's Girlfriend.", He wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Patients will come more after it.", He added.

"For what? To take your number or get informations about you?", I asked while trying to free myself from him.

"They will ask you for the treatment you give me.", He said.

"And I can't give that treatment to everyone.", I faked a smile, "Or will I?"

"No way.", He left me. I laughed hard.

"Let's go now.", He dragged me out of the hospital. I was still laughing.

"Stop laughing Sameeksha.", He gave a death glance to me. And I stopped finally.

"Give the car keys to me. I'll drive.", He asked for the keys.

"How will you drive? You don't even know the roads of Kolkata.", I said.

"Of course I know.", He said.
I chuckled and gave the keys to him.

He started driving. After a while I asked, "Where are we going?"

"Ganga Ghat.", He looked at me. I smiled. He knew very well how much I love that place. He parked the car to a side and we sat on the stairs of the Ghat. The place was almost empty. The cold wind was blowing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"So why do you came all of a sudden?", I asked.

"Have a business meeting here after 3 days.", He answered.

"After 3 days. Why so early then?", I asked again.

"Because I wanna spend some time with my girlfriend.", He came closer to me.

We stared at eachother for a while. Then I whispered, "I love you."

"And so I do. I also love myself.", He smiled.

I slapped on his upper arm. "Idiot.", I murmured.

He laughed softly and said, "I love you more na."

He leaned over my face and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes and kissed him back. That kiss gave me a warmth.

After a while we broke the kiss and gasped.